Greetings fellow EMS folks.

Fire219man

Forum Crew Member
I have been a lurker for about a month on these forums. Thought I would sign up and be a part of this online community and contribute to it.

I started in the EMS business when I was 19. Got my Fire/EMT-B status and ran for about 3 years. This wasn't my primary income, but rather just a hobby for me. I enjoyed the time I spent at the station as well as giving back to the community that I lived in.

I am a software engineer by trade, but the fire/ems service truly interests me. Unfortunatley I don't think I will ever go full time in the EMS business due to the lack of pay for the work that is done.

After 3 years of service, my primary job had me travelling all over the country doing software installations of the product that we develop. I had to temporaraly give up the fire/ems business.

Since then 8 years have gone by. I am now not traveling as much, and mostly have a desk job in the software development industry. I have recently purchase a home in the area I used to work, and I have since been hired back onto the fire department.

I am now back at it, going to school to get my EMT-B license back and to get the ball rolling again. I love EMS/Fire and am looking foreward to many good years with the department.

Great Forums, and I look foreward to contributing to it from now on.

In friendship,

Fire219man

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Welcome to the tribe happy that you are here!!:)

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
welcome to the suck

Mercy4Angels

Forum Lieutenant
stalker, lol....:)

mfrjason

Forum Lieutenant
Welcome To The Team

mfrjason

Forum Lieutenant
Looks like he copied your avatar Vin,lol,but I guess with a computer anything is possible.

OP
OP
Fire219man

Fire219man

Forum Crew Member
haha...I actually stole it from Google images....seems either you stole it from there or your image was up on google images...My bad...I will get it fixed... ;)

mfrjason

Forum Lieutenant
Its ok by me,thats one of the flags I fly under,im a disaster responder with the american red cross.

medic5740

Forum Crew Member
A newbie here also

I'm new to this forum as well. It look like a great place to have some fun and some serious discussions.

If you want to check out some rural EMS stories, try this website:

http://ruralemsisdifferent.com

I'd love to hear some reactions to the stories that I have posted there.

From the middle of Lake Michigan,
Medic5740

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm new to this forum as well. It look like a great place to have some fun and some serious discussions.

If you want to check out some rural EMS stories, try this website:

http://ruralemsisdifferent.com

I'd love to hear some reactions to the stories that I have posted there.

From the middle of Lake Michigan,
Medic5740

The middle? You aren't a Yooper are ya?

medic5740

Forum Crew Member
As close to a UP'er as I can get

I'm closer to a UP'er than I am to a troll (living below the bridge), but I live on an Island about 32 miles from Charlevoix, Michigan, and about 60 miles from Traverse City, Michigan. We're actually closer to the UP than we are to the lower penninsula of Michigan. We consider ourselves as rural as rural can get.

:)