Got my application packet for medic school

Epi-do

I see dead people
After 8 years as a basic, I am finally going to do it. I had planned on starting last fall, but finances prevented that from happening. I have never thought that I couldn't do it, I just didn't feel as if I wanted to do it until the last couple years.

Applications are due on June 1. Then the testing and interviews are held and class actually starts in September. I'll keep everyone posted as the process moves along.

Raf

Forum Lieutenant
What type of testing do you have to undergo? What skills are necessary before you can start medic school? Just wondering, I don't plan on doing it.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
What type of testing do you have to undergo? What skills are necessary before you can start medic school? Just wondering, I don't plan on doing it.
a lot of places require the HOBET test. (When I told my father about it, he said the trick was that you had to be short, have hair between your toes and eat many small meals).

The HOBET test is very much like the NET test required for nursing schools.

HorseHauler

Forum Lieutenant
Congrats on moving forward and good luck with school! I was putting off medic school for a couple years and in fact when I started I still didn't want to be in medic school... but I knew I needed it to move on in life. Not long after I started, I was having a blast. It is AMAZING what you learn and find out what you never knew... You will love it!

Congrats, Good luck, have fun and keep us posted!

OP
OP
Epi-do

Epi-do

I see dead people
I will have to take the HOBET and do the practical skills exam for a basic.