First Time Abulance Ride Along

Avious908

Forum Ride Along
Hello My name is Corey and I'll be turning 18 on the 28th. The only thing I want to do to celebrate the special day is to go out and do an Ambulance Ride Along. I live in Louisiana.

Except for the fact i'm not 18 yet so I can't actually file the paperwork. I am a Certified Emergency Medical Responder (first responder.) I have passed all my written test and practicals. I am CPR certified.

My Question Is:
So I'll be doing my first ambulance ride-along within the next week or so. I am wanting to hear what to expect. What i should do before, during, after my shift. Will i get to actually do anything other than watch. I'm not exactly experience and I don't want to get in the way.

I'm just want to make a good impression. I'm working towards becoming a Paramedic and this is a good first step to get hands on. So anything that y'all can tell me will be greatly apprecaited/

the_negro_puppy

Forum Asst. Chief
Hello My name is Corey and I'll be turning 18 on the 28th. The only thing I want to do to celebrate the special day is to go out and do an Ambulance Ride Along. I live in Louisiana.

Except for the fact i'm not 18 yet so I can't actually file the paperwork. I am a Certified Emergency Medical Responder (first responder.) I have passed all my written test and practicals. I am CPR certified.

My Question Is:
So I'll be doing my first ambulance ride-along within the next week or so. I am wanting to hear what to expect. What i should do before, during, after my shift. Will i get to actually do anything other than watch. I'm not exactly experience and I don't want to get in the way.

I'm just want to make a good impression. I'm working towards becoming a Paramedic and this is a good first step to get hands on. So anything that y'all can tell me will be greatly appreciated/

Show up on time, wear appropriate clothing. Introduce yourself to the crew you are working with. Ask if they want help carrying gear etc.
For various reasons you probably won't get to touch any patients but do your best tp o observe and see how things are done.