Finally getting into a class

Skie

Forum Ride Along
Hello. I had posted around here a little while back about getting into ems and now I'm finally getting all my ducks in a row. On May 31st I'll be starting my EMT class at South Louisiana Community College's partnership campus with Acadian Ambulance(National EMS Academy). Just have to attend an information session next Tuesday and I'm all squared away. Can't wait to finally get the ball rolling towards a decent job(currently working at Domino's and barely getting by)and hopefully Nursing or Paramedic school in the future. Just felt like sharing my good news :p

A brief history of myself to explain why this has me so excited: I dropped out of High School in my senior year due to me being lazy and letting my personal life get in the way of my schoolwork. About a month later I got my head back on my shoulders and went take the GED test and got that(that thing is so freakin easy, tested out of all the classes).

Ever since then I have been trying to save up the money to put myself through college and correct the mistake I made. I've been through some horrible jobs(oilfield x-raying being the worst)and finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm now 20 years old and getting my life back on track. I'm in my own home, have a nice car in my name and now I'm finally getting to continue my education. It's been my dream to work in the medical field since my junior year of high school and it feels good to finally be getting to do that.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Good luck mate I hope you do well be sure to ask if you need any help or have any questions.

I might be backwards and only give oxygen on a nasal cannula 99% of the time and dish out funny stuff called GTN but it's all the same right?