essay help

TKO

Forum Lieutenant
My boyfriend is currently going thru his medic schooling and has to write a paper. He is writing it on the controversy related to behavioral emergencies. I thought I would post something on here since we are all health care professionals perhaps you guys would have some good ideas and input. Here is a sample of the outline so if you have anything that may help plz post:

Essay outline:

Stats on relevant behavioural emergencies
Stats on injuries to health care providers, and costs to health care
Stats on injuries to patients, and costs
Stats on suicides
Problematic psychosis types and aggression factors
Current protocols in the field – good vs. bad
Restraints vs. Patient Rights
Limitations of using restraints and patient rights
Proposed treatments
Drug interactions, contraindications, costs – current vs. proposed
Education and training for pre-hospital care providers
Chemical dependency considerations
Victims of

If you know of any good websites for info that would be cool also if you find something plz send along the source since this requires a bibliography

Thank you in advance

TK

shug

Forum Probie
I am currently doing my clinicals for medic school and by far the best place for info on behavioral emergencies is a four hours shift at your local looney-bin. You can find out all sorts of info about local vs. varying protocals, restraints, as well as various stats. Good luck.

Tigar

Forum Probie
Have him check at the State office. The State may have a list of statisics on this every topic. This would be info coming from run tickets across the state. Restraint use on the rig should be covered by protocols.

DonQ

Forum Crew Member
Originally posted by shug@Oct 4 2004, 11:54 AM
looney-bin
Shug --

It's nice that you're offering advice, but do so without using slang for a psych ward. I have family that's going through tough times because the public doesn't understand mental illness. And I don't mean to be rude by this post, I'm just saying...thanks so much :)