Employment

beaudoinkr

Forum Ride Along
I am in Paramedic School At Greenville Tech in Greenville SC. I was reading on various web sites about diffrent state requirements that are over and above National Regestry Requirements (such as Florida) Does anyone know if Michigan has the same issues or what state requirements are?

Also is it diffrent for every state such as moving from SC to NC would I have to take a state exam at that location for each certification I carry?

I am new to this feild so any help would be appriciated.

Respectfully
KRB

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Originally posted by beaudoinkr@May 19 2005, 11:23 AM
I am in Paramedic School At Greenville Tech in Greenville SC. I was reading on various web sites about diffrent state requirements that are over and above National Regestry Requirements (such as Florida) Does anyone know if Michigan has the same issues or what state requirements are?

Also is it diffrent for every state such as moving from SC to NC would I have to take a state exam at that location for each certification I carry?

I am new to this feild so any help would be appriciated.

Respectfully
KRB
Unfortunately, reciprocity varies from state to state. I know a paramedic from VA recently joined my squad, and our County EMS made him take a protocol review and then helped him get reciprocity from NY State without doing any retests or anything.

rescuejew

Forum Lieutenant
Being in NC, if you came from SC without NR certification, they'd make you start completely over. If you have NR, most systems here put you through an assessment center to see if you have the necessary critical-thinking skills and you have 6 months to learn the county protocols.