drug seekers

nsom9ac

Forum Probie
At the primary response district I work at we have our share of drug seekers (of course who doesn't). Here it seems they all got together and agreed that valium would be their drug of choice and of faking a seizure would be the perfect ploy. Some of them are good at it and you can't obviously tell that they're faking.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to rule it out as far as whether or not to give them the valium they so desperately seek. My biggest concern is that I don't want to not treat based on they might be faking. So if you have any tricks you use, i'd love to hear it.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Best faker test I know of is the ammonia inhalent. Tough to fake a non reaction to those!

Aileana

Forum Lieutenant
seem to get barely any seekers in the service I'm riding out with, might be because the narcotics most seekers seem to go for (fentanyl, morphine) is only in our protocol for extremity trauma. Unless we can see some trauma to the extremities, we don't give it (that's just my impression anyways, I'm a student).
Never heard of seekers faking seizures at all though...maybe giving diazepam as a suppository would make them less keen to get it :p.