Designing Protocols

polisciaggie

Forum Crew Member
I'm in the process of updating my services protocols and I was wondering if anyone knows what program their service uses to design the layout of their protocols?

cprted

Forum Captain
I'm in the process of updating my services protocols and I was wondering if anyone knows what program their service uses to design the layout of their protocols?

I'm a Mac person and would use either Vectorworks or Omnigraffle. On the PC side AutoCad would get the job done but could be a little overkill. MS Publisher should have some flowchartesque capability, but I haven't used any of the recent versions.

Christopher

Forum Deputy Chief

We use Visio, makes for nice layouts.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Organize your protocols by chief complaint or body system. If you use diagnoses as a basis, there are problems. So "shortness of breath" or "respiratory" is ok as a chapter, but "CHF" is not (And is a good illustration of the problems; it presents as a lung problem sometimes but it is actually cardiovascular).