CPR or AED first for NREMT test?

whatupdreww

Forum Ride Along
Reaction score
Hello, I'm studying for my test after taking the fidsap and I had a lot of failed questions because I wasn't sure whether you should do 2 minutes of compressions or immediately apply an AED.. I know that if you can verify it happened 5 minutes or less to apply an AED because they still have oxygen, but the fisdap questions were a little more tricky than that.. Also if anybody knows of any curveballs they'll try and throw at me the info would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance to all replies ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Follow AHA GUIDELINES for nremt.

2 minutes CPR. That is 5 cycles. Follow that with aed. Immediately begin compressions again

Nremt cpr

Do you know if on the written NREMT exam they go ABC or CAB for CPR? Are they following 2010 AHA guidelines? Thanks

oh. ok because I have been taking some practice tests that are saying the answers to CPR questions are ABC and not CAB

oh. ok because I have been taking some practice tests that are saying the answers to CPR questions are ABC and not CAB

it sounds like your test questions are a bit dated then

thanks. the book was brand new from Pearson. I just bought it. frustrating! thanks for the replies. Im taking the test tomorrow and want to make sure NREMT recognizes CPR is CAB and not ABC

thanks. the book was brand new from Pearson. I just bought it. frustrating! thanks for the replies. Im taking the test tomorrow and want to make sure NREMT recognizes CPR is CAB and not ABC

Yes, that is why in class they drilled cab into your head :)

Back