CPR on the move

skyemt

Forum Captain
Hi...

so, you can have an arrest at a residence, get the AED on, do good CPR, have a backboard under the patient, in short, doing everything you are supposed to do well...

then comes the time to move the pt from the residence to the back of the rig...

knowing that any reduction in the quality of compressions decrease the likelihood of survival, what is the best technique for moving the patient in to the rig, while maintaining quality compressions...

i have found that to be very challenging, and standing on the side of the stretcher doesn't really work too well..

any suggestions? looking for answers from ALS or experienced providers here...

OP
OP
S

skyemt

Forum Captain
hmm...

i hear you, but we don't/won't be having those...
our administrators have read studies (Dr. Bryan Bledsoe et al.) citing their relative ineffectiveness...

agree or not, we won't be getting them anytime soon...

how about non-mechanical ways?

reaper

Working Bum
You do what you can!

If you have someone small, they can stradle the pt on the stretcher. I just do it from the side, but shorter people cannot do that.

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
hmm...

i hear you, but we don't/won't be having those...
our administrators have read studies (Dr. Bryan Bledsoe et al.) citing their relative ineffectiveness...

agree or not, we won't be getting them anytime soon...

how about non-mechanical ways?

Bledsoe has never commented on nor has used the LUCAS, only the Autopulse. Bottom line, you won't get highly effective compressions while moving the pt. from a rescuer. Just look at the physics involved and you will see its just not feasible. I guess if you are going to attempt it, just do what you can....................

piranah

Forum Captain
i knew a lady whose husband coded in the car while driving to the hospirtal and she did compressions while driving....he died though