Anyone Calgary EMS up for an informational interview?

craigdsmith

Forum Ride Along
Hey everybody. I'm just starting the process of thinking about, and little bit planning for, a possible career transition. I'm a web designer now, but the story of how I got into that is mostly fluke, and not all that glamorous. I'm fairly certain at this point that EMS is the direction I want to head, but I (obviously) want to make certain I don't drop my decent job to go back to school and then end up in a career I don't like.

As I've already done with police and fire, I'd like to sit down for coffee with somebody in Calgary who works (or worked) as a medic. EMR, EMT, EMT-P, they're all fine. The more the better, actually. I'd just like to chat about what the day-to-day looks like, what gets you fired up about work (and what doesn't), what the culture's like, etc. I've been lurking here for a while, and while there aren't a ton of Alberta folks on here, I think I've gotten a pretty good feel for some of this, but nothing beats face-to-face, you know?

Anyways. Starting to feel like a personals ad. If you're around Calgary and wouldn't mind meeting up, let's chat!