Any paramedics here work as an MA?

SuperJew

Forum Probie
I was hired for a floating MA position this week. I am a certified paramedic. Little did I know there would be much to learn, but either way, after three shifts have I learned so much!!!

This coming monday, I am substituting an MA, and she showed me what I had to do for when she is gone. After work, in particular as I was in bed already asleep, I woke up with the thought about one patient we had, and realized she used two tiger tops, and two lavender. If I'm not mistaken the order was: CMP, PSA, Lipid Panel, and CBC. Either way, whether that was the order or not, it was similar, and my question is if all of them required a tiger top and a lavender top, what would be the need for 2 of each rather than one of each?

I realized I'd rather be in a controlled environment such as this rather than a chaotic environment that is required in EMS. Don't get me wrong, I love the thrill of EMS, but I realized over the course of this week I would rather work in a doctor's office. I am willing to learn, and the corporation that hired me is willing to teach me anything I need to know, but I figured having extra help on the side would help advance me in this direction.

Thank you so much!

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
I worked as a Medical Assistant while I was an EMT-B 10 years ago, can not imagine doing it as a medic... but to each there own. Most of it is on the job training, we hired and trained MA's with no training or education at all, and others who went to an MA program. maybe you should consider a medic to RN bridge program...

Summit

Critical Crazy
Sounds like you should start your prereqs for a BSN.

OP
OP
S

SuperJew

Forum Probie
my question is if all of them required a tiger top and a lavender top, what would be the need for 2 of each rather than one of each?

phideux

Forum Captain
my question is if all of them required a tiger top and a lavender top, what would be the need for 2 of each rather than one of each?

Maybe there ain't enough in one???