Any Interviewing Advice

PaulieThePirate

Forum Probie
Finally got a interview. I'm interviewing with Fallon Ambulance on Monday any tips or advice. :ph34r:Thanks

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Relax! They're a person, you're a person. Don't be uptight during the interview, make it a conversation.

That's the best advice I have.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
WEAR A SUIT!

BRING A RESUME!

Shake hands firmly. Look directly in the eyes. Don't fidget. Thank them for their time afterword.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Shake hands firmly. Look directly in the eyes. Don't fidget.

Three very importaint thing right there.
I would add, try not to say ummmm..... over and over. At least sound like you know what you are saying!;)

----------

Don't you hate "dead-fish" handshakes?:p

Last edited by a moderator:

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Don't try to impress them.

They don't want to be impressed, they want to know you can be on time, look sharp, and work hard. DO NOT mean-mouth anyone. If they start mean-mouthing people to you, just smile, don't nod, and think of England..I mean, think about whether they are good enough for YOU.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Good Luck with Fallon. Know that as recently as a few weeks ago, they were hiring anyone, literally anyone with a pulse and a ticket. They may ask you to do a lift test, they may give you the equivilant of the final exam for an EMT class. Be prepared for them to ask about your EMS experience, positive and negative qualities, etc.

God Luck. Look presentable, dont bumble, and you should be fine.