Another 68W thread

Shepard

Forum Crew Member
Reaction score
I'm a transport, sometimes CCT rarely 911 EMT, almost vollie FF, in college working on public health, planning on medic school. I've always been drawn to the military, especially disaster relief and the like. Strongly considering NG as a 68W as a way to give back, get experience, serve my country, but not put all of my other plans on hold. Any thoughts as to how doable this is, and any info on the process is appreciated.

+1. It's a great idea.

Thats basically what I did. Read all the other threads on here and don't go in with unrealistic expectations.

The NG has its ups and downs like just about anything in life. What you are seeking is very doable, however you do need to realize that the NG does deploy and quiet frequently too. Do not let any one tell you otherwise granted it does depend on your state, type of unit and other factors on how frequently. I was in the TxARNG before I was active and we deployed about every other year. The NG will help tremendously with college utilizing Tuition Assistance. Which can help you get your paramedic if that is your desire which you won't even have to touch your GI bill which on a side note sucks for NG unless you've done 3 years federal service.

Back