anatomy and physiology help

Neffster

Forum Ride Along
Hey all,
anyone know of a good study guide/additional study material for A & P? I'm taking it online right now and it is a lot harder than I thought (got an 80,70,60 on the quizzes). I'm using Tortora/Derrickson 8th edition text with online audio lecture. Any help would be appreciated.
-R

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Our course used Marieb 8e, I cannot speak for your book/material but it looks a bit dodge.

A&P is something you need to take, then take again, then read in your spare time. It's a lot of abstract concepts you need to put into a picture then intergrate that with clinical information to make sense of it.

You may benefit from the Interactive Physiology DVD it is very good but it probably aimed at a higher level course.

Look around for A&P podcasta and videos there are some good ones one there on Google and YouTube.

What exactly are you having problems with??

LondonMedic

Forum Captain
In my experience, it's something many people struggle with and all have come up with (or will) their own way of working it.

All the textbooks portray the same material in different ways, I usually suggest going to a library and trying as many as you can before picking the one you are going to use.

If podcasts help you, than good, they've never been much use to me or anyone I trained with but I'm sure someone can get something out of them.

If flashcards, fancy notes or whatever revision aid helps, then good.

But it might just be a matter of getting your head down and going over and over it until you rote learn.

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
I too have an A&P text by Marieb, Elaine N. But a bit older 5E. I also have one by Thibodeau & Patton 6E. I prefer Marieb's book better. Look at some different books and use a variety of sources. The more you research different aspects of A&P the better you will learn it.