Ambulance Radio Hi-jacking

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Reaction score
An ambulance responding to a call in Delco parked in front of a private driveway blocking it's owner from getting out. Listen to what she says after grabbing the radio mic in the unattended ambulance!

http://www.firegroundaudio.com/funny/STAYOFFRADIO.wav

Gotta be one of the funniest things I've heard in a while - I got this from another fourm.

Gotta love the yuppies with nothing better to do than complain about where and how we park are rigs...:rolleyes:

Talk about thoughtlessness and selfishness!! :rolleyes: Id be interested in finding out what legally they can do to her for this incident...

Well the FCC could fine her for unauthorized use of an emergency frequency, and the agency could press tresspassing charges on her for entering the vehicle unlawfully. Not to mention she was disrupting offical emergency operations...lots of things could be done to her...now if any of them occur is another story

One word: Karma (and not the good kind)

I wonder if this nut job does the same thing when there's an accident on the freeway.
<jumps in the nearest patrol car> "Hello, anyone? There's a bunch of fire trucks, ambulances and police cars thoughtlessly and selfishly blocking the freeway. I have to get to work."

I bet they probably pull up to the first cop and start complaining about the waste of tax money and then they threaten to call the chief/sheriff to complain more.

:glare: ^_^ <_< :unsure: -_- This is what that woman must do every time an emergency vehicle gets behind her!

AMBLANCE, you'd think she would at least have the decency to speak proper english on the radio.

edited for spelling, cause im a retard.

ROLMAO!!!

That was hilarious!

I know exactly what could be done to her.

1. Federal charge of unlawful use of emergency radio frequencies.
2. State charges of breaking and entering of state/local gov't property
3. State/ charges of trespassing on state/local gov't property

BUT theres one thing that the crew should have done to prevent this-
LOCK THE UNIT! (Im sure this is protocol for *most* EMS agencies.) You dont want some druggie raiding your Narcs cabinet or even attmepting to.
And you dont want to run the risk of having your unit stolen (remember the story of the guy that stole the ambulance, crashed it, and died?)

Far as I know our local EMS always locks the unit and carries a spare key on their self.

-CP

It takes all kinds to make up our wonderful little world & this lady is a part of it. :glare:

Lock the truck- are you kidding! we are scared to turn ours off let alone lock it on a scene. We keep our Narcs double locked in a locking cabinet...but locking the truck- HA HA we have enough trouble with people keeping up with their walkie and the trucks nextel to worry about giving them another key to watch after.

Have them carry the spare key on ther self using a carabiner looped through the belt loop or use keyless entry as keyless entry is become standard on *most* civilian vehicles.

or use keypad on driver side door and pt compartment doors - no need needed just remember the code.

-CP

Well the county certainly will not spring for keypads, and when we bought the last 2 trucks we got the cheapest things that were on the lot at peach state...before that we bought 4 freightliner fl-60 series trucks from w/c. on keyless entry option on them...and as for carring a key, we have people that cant remember the O2 or the monitor, why should we expect them to remember a key.

I saw this on another forum...That's insane. Some people have no regard for others.

Where I work part-time, we have 2 sets of keys for every rig. This is great, because you can always lock the rig, and not worry about "Who has the keys" when you need something from the rig.

Also, you can, theoretically leave the vehicle running for Heat / AC and lock it - not that that would EVER happen.

At work, our one security truck has a "keyless" ignition - someone broke the key retention mechanism, and the key dosen't stay in the ignition - it falls out. You still need the key to turn it on/off, but you can leave it running and lock it.

At the Squad, we don't lock the trucks. The medics only lock their cars when we are leaving them onscene.

The Fire Co's ambulance has a "hidden unlock button" and we lock it if we are shopping/at the convience store... it is left open on calls.

THe City of Philadelphia has been specifing the keypads on their ambulances for 6+ years... seems to work for them. There is a pad on each of the rear doors, and then you unlock the front doors from in back (I think).

Its a great idea, but we only got our 2 new trucks because the county fleet manager had a family member transported in the middle of the summer-in a truck with no a/c; the truck has 267000+ miles...and its still a frontline truck!

Well I think there are some auto shops that specialize in vehicle security that may be able to install a keyless entry /keypad as a discount rate if it is for the entire fleet and because your EMS.

And even though the woman should have enough sense not to get into someones ambulance and use EMS frequencies, it still could have been prevented.

Remember one ounce of prevention equals one pound of cure.

Remembering your keys is part of your job responsibility. If your crew cant handle something like a key then they need to reconsider their level of responsibility.

I can understand losing something on occassion but if its routine then its a problem.

-CP

Can't put the keyless entry on the freightliners...not possible...as for the other trucks it wouldnt be hard...and I am on the equipment comittee, maybe we can bring that up...but it would be a longer range goal...right now I just want a 12-lead and O2 sat machine that works right!

i would have loved to nonchalontly told the woman that she shopuld page Mike Hunt (ala porkies)

~S~

Back