"Ambulance Driver"

StrokedOut

Forum Crew Member
No worries there, I was just kind of venting about some of the little things that bother me. No way would I be taking anyone's limelight away from them; I make my own when I do things like successfully light the BBQ at work without my eyebrows smoking afterwards :)

I am fortunate to be from a province that has some of the highest standards for pre-hospital care professionals in the country. This doesn't in any way negate the education another has received elsewhere however, so I hope nobody feels I've lessened anything for them. There are thousands and thousands of excellent EMS professionals from all over the place, kudos to each one of you.

I am still fairly green to the industry, having been involved for approximately a year and a half now. There will always be something to learn and I know that if I were ever to stop wanting it that way, it would be one indication I should probably get out. I understand there is a relatively high burnout rate due to various different aspects of the job. My commendations to all of you who have stayed with it and still love it after 30 years; I will see you there one day.

When you get that one smile and thanks from a PT who tells you that they feel much more calm since speaking with you, or a thank-you for (insert treatment here), whatever it is no matter how big or small, that is absolutely the best reward. Certainly isn't the fabulous working hours and stupendous pay that does it for us hey? We get "rich" in other ways ...

Last edited by a moderator: