about LMS - montgomery county PA

sarahharter

Forum Crew Member
this question is for those who live in montgomery county pa because you might know. i am having the hardest time getting registered to do my coneds online. every number i call i get rerouted. i called the number that was given to me though the website adn they told me to call another number and they told me to call the number i just called, so i am totally confused:unsure: and getting kinda anoyyed. if some can help me it would be much appriciated. thanks. :wacko:

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
I don't live in PA, but I would talk to your department's medical director, they should be able to help point you in the right direction.

OP
OP
sarahharter

sarahharter

Forum Crew Member
yeah, thats what i thought to?! but no one seems to be able to help me and they don't seem to want to.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
LMS is handled by someone in each region's office... in Montco, that would be someone with the County EMS office... not sure who...

I think you have to fax a 1-page form to them, then they email you a link.

Last edited by a moderator:

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
I would say if the local office is unwilling to help that the Pa Dept of Health or whoever oversees EMS at the state level in Harrisburg could help you out...or you could always move to a more recert friendly state:rolleyes:

OP
OP
sarahharter

sarahharter

Forum Crew Member
yeah well

yeah i wish i could move to a more friendly state. but hey what can i do. i have my national registry to, so maybe i'll just keep up with that and do what i did originally, transfer it to state, thats how i got my state cert, through my national. :p

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
Hey you would be amazed at the agencies, especially here in the south, that will pay a signing bonus and help with relocation expenses...all you have to do is look in JEMS or EMS magazine, and of course google search it. I seriously think that if our director can get the $$ from county council(which oddly enough he has been doing lately) we may start offering those benefits in the near future...after 6 long years our pay has increased and so has most of our benefits!

ResTech

Forum Asst. Chief
I know when I first registered for it I had to send an email to my regional EMS council with a user name and password I wanted. Your regional EMS council should definitely be able to get you setup.