A new meaning to not judge a book by its cover--Listen to her SING

Hockey

Quackers
They have disabled the embed feature but click on either one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=435_1239623416

News story:
SHE lives alone with her ten-year-old cat, has never been kissed, and is teased by children in the street. But 48-year-old Susan Boyle could just be the UK's next singing sensation.
Devout Catholic Miss Boyle has been at the centre of a media storm since news emerged of how she wowed Britain's Got Talent judges Simon Cowell and Piers Morgan with her amazing opera voice.

She has now been tipped to win the hit show and the chance to perform in front of the Queen at the Royal Variety Performance later this year.

Read the rest below

http://news.scotsman.com/entertainment/Talented-Susan-looks-to-have.5163658.jp

Let me follow what others have said and say WOW

firecoins

IFT Puppet
will someone kiss the woman already!

Kookaburra

Forum Lieutenant
WOW!

I can't carry a tune in a bucket, but I love listening to people who can really sing. What an amazing, neat, lady.

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
WOW!

I can't carry a tune in a bucket, but I love listening to people who can really sing. What an amazing, neat, lady.

I envy people who have great voices. I've always wanted to sing, but I guess I'm stuck with my drums!

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
As I wrote to some friends in an e-mail about this amazing woman, there's a lesson here in humility and unfairly judging another, too. Her initial reception, complete with eye rolling and sniggering by the audience and the judges was just shy of rude. It was gratifying to see the change in their perception as her performance continued, and I applaud the judges for admitting that they didn't have very high initial expectations of her. Late word as of today has Simon Cowell already having her under contract. All the best in the world to this marvelous person. Imagine the courage she needed to go from a small village to a circus like that. We can all probably learn from her performance.

Kookaburra

Forum Lieutenant
I envy people who have great voices. I've always wanted to sing, but I guess I'm stuck with my drums!

Oh me too. I only sing when I'm totally alone, but I'm always bugging a good friend of mine (who is trying to break into the musical scene on Broadway) to sing for me. A great voice is such a wonderful gift.

Noctis Lucis Caelum

Forum Lieutenant
I don't know much about singing but i actually had a tear when i heard her sing. And all the audiences from the beginning was pretty mess up, but than again i'd probably be laughing along with the crowd cause everybody else is doing it. Comes to show how we the people tend to judge and not even think about it even when we say it ourself.

But....:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:...she can sing

D_H

Forum Ride Along
I got it as a forward and almost dumped it until I heard other people talk about it. She has an incredible voice and as I wouldn't usually listen to music like that her range was so incredible it would be difficult not to be moved.