CA 92111

Firechic

Forum Lieutenant
Born and raised on Long Island.
I now live in north Texas. :D

FFEMTMIKE

Forum Ride Along
Originally posted by PArescueEMT@Apr 17 2005, 10:32 AM
I was talking about Egypt... you know... the country that lets the kids leave school early for rain!?!?!?

I have heard that Ire is a beautiful country tho... how hard is it to become an EMT there?

Rain??? two months ago we saw about 2 hours of rain and man driving was crazy But with a city of 18 million and just as many cars driving would be crazy even without the rain.

Rigs here are Hospital owned/dispatched but are just basic "Swoop-N-Scoops".
If you make it to the hospital (Ambulance or POV) it is best to have the DR.s from the Embassy meet you there. The wait for service can be long with no set protocols for triage.

Internet service in Egypt is free ( Gov of Egypt has free dialup lines) But if you want a faster connection go with ADSL for a 100 bucks every three months at 512K speed.
I was talking about Egypt... you know... the country that lets the kids leave school early for rain!?!?!?

Rain??? two months ago we saw about 2 hours of rain and man driving was crazy But with a city of 18 million and just as many cars driving would be crazy even without the rain.

Rigs here are Hospital owned/dispatched but are just basic "Swoop-N-Scoops".
If you make it to the hospital (Ambulance or POV) it is best to have the DR.s from the Embassy meet you there. The wait for service can be long with no set protocols for triage.

Internet service in Egypt is free ( Gov of Egypt has free dialup lines) But if you want a faster connection go with ADSL for a 100 bucks every three months at 512K speed.

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
Born in Aurora Illinois. Moved when I was 4. Thankfully, I dont remember much about Illinois.
Live in Delavan Wisconsin. Thankfully. :p

emtchicky156

Forum Crew Member
Originally posted by Phridae@Apr 19 2005, 06:11 PM
Born in Aurora Illinois. Moved when I was 4. Thankfully, I dont remember much about Illinois.
You can have delavan that town is getting scary drive bys and shootings bad thing is it's only about 10 mins away.

Summit

Critical Crazy
On some mountain somewhere Colorado.

Tigs_9

Forum Probie
Originally posted by PArescueEMT@Apr 17 2005, 10:32 AM

I have heard that Ire is a beautiful country tho... how hard is it to become an EMT there?
Its lovely when it aint raining!! It does that a lot tho!! Its pretty impossible to become an EMt here....., there is one college course and one pay it urself course, and out of thousands and thousands who try and get in they only take 10%! Typical considering they are screaming for qualified EMT's ova here!!!

cbdemt

Forum Lieutenant
Central IL here. Blaaaaa! Corn fields, bean fields, then more corn.

Tigs, Whats the scope of practice like in Ireland?

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Huckleberry Point, Pa; highest populated place on the mid-atlantic coast.

But I was born in Missoula, Mt

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
Originally posted by emtchicky156+Apr 19 2005, 08:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (emtchicky156 @ Apr 19 2005, 08:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Phridae@Apr 19 2005, 06:11 PM
You can have delavan that town is getting scary drive bys and shootings bad thing is it's only about 10 mins away. [/b][/quote]
Haha yeah! During a SWAT raid and with BB guns.
That was great. Or so I heard. I was in class. :(

MariaCatEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
I have lived in Champaign, IL (GO ILLINI!) since 1993, with my husband. He grew up here.

I am originally from Bear Lake, MI just south of Traverse City.

Lisa

Forum Crew Member
Southeast Tn here...born and raised within 60 miles of where I currently live. I moved from a moderate sized city to a very rural county 4 years ago. I love where I am...still the kind of place where everybody knows everybody and you can sleep with your doors unlocked! :D

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Born in Hawaii, practiced in Seattle, and now, well, it depends on the week... B)

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Originally posted by Luno@Apr 23 2005, 01:23 PM
Born in Hawaii, practiced in Seattle, and now, well, it depends on the week... B)
Oh my goodness! He lives!!! Welcome back!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by rescuecpt+Apr 23 2005, 02:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rescuecpt @ Apr 23 2005, 02:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Luno@Apr 23 2005, 01:23 PM
Oh my goodness! He lives!!! Welcome back! [/b][/quote]
second the motion - you have been missed (somewhat :D )

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Erika and Jon, it's good to see you two are still here, I've been busy lately, and have lurked a bit, but I'm back for a little while.
luke

DukeCityEMT6

Forum Ride Along
West Mifflin/ Duquesne Pennsylvania. Suburb of Pittsburgh. Born and raised. Im new to the Forum. Looking to make some friends and have a god chat.

Matt J
DEMS
Sta 565