What's wrong with this video?

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
CaptainPanic said:
Guns dont kill - idiots wielding guns do!

CP
\

If Chaney can do it....:ph34r:
tho the guy isnt dead, yet...

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
This story kinda disappeared from the news for some reason. I wanted to hear/see a clean version of the tape.

I am still curious.... WHY WAS THE PASSENGER OUT OF THE CAR AND PRONED OUT?

That is not a "routine" situation. I am also not so sure that he was being told to "get up".

I will not judge on officer on a few seconds of a video that I was able to see.

I know of "cops that have drank too much, did something stupid and lost their jobs............so to say that the "Passenger" of the car was totally innocent....... We don't have all of the facts.

Just like the news will say "Man dies after being Tased". When a few days later the toxicology reports that the man died secondary to a huge amount of cocaine (cocaine psycosis) the news never reports that part.

Before you get all mad at me .......I am not saying the cop was right, but I am not saying he was wrong. We just don't KNOW enough of the facts.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
DT4EMS,

This forum has no room for your damn rational and conservative thoughts.

I kid I kid. Good to see ya around again!

OP
OP
Stevo

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
yanno MMiz, one can find quite a few similar vids on the net, very easy to do

rational responses, or that of any depth , are the choice of the posters here, yet by far and large we don't live in a rational world do we?

~S~

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Stevo said:
rational responses, or that of any depth , are the choice of the posters here, yet by far and large we don't live in a rational world do we?

~S~

Stevo you think too much. :p ;)

OP
OP
Stevo

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
yeah, even my mom says i read too much too Wingnut

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Stevo said:
yeah, even my mom says i read too much too Wingnut

WAIT! Are you what happens when someone reads to much?

Thats it!! I am taking away all of my son's books. TV and Video Games will rule in our house from now on. :p

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
No, it can't be. I read ALL the time, there's no such thing as reading too much!!!

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
Veteran shot by cop: It's hard to walk

Friday, March 10, 2006; Posted: 9:29 a.m. EST (14:29 GMT)

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- The 21-year-old Iraq war veteran seen in a video being shot by a sheriff's deputy says in a recorded statement that he has difficulty walking.

Senior Airman Elio Carrion released a videotaped statement through his attorney Thursday, a day after San Bernardino County sheriff's Deputy Ivory J. Webb pleaded not guilty to attempted voluntary manslaughter and was released on $100,000 bail.

"My physical therapy continues to progress and I still have difficulties walking," Carrion says, looking into the video camera.

"I'm sorry I haven't been able to speak publicly, but right now I'm focused on my physical therapy and healing."

The tape shows him sitting on a couch next to his wife and moving around with the aid of a walker.

The January 29 shooting was videotaped by a bystander and broadcast on U.S. national television. (Watch the shots being fired -- 1:00)

It shows Webb shooting Carrion, who was not armed, in the chest, shoulder and thigh after a brief high-speed chase involving a car in which the airman was a passenger.

Webb, who faces up to 18 1/2 years in prison if convicted, has not spoken publicly about the shooting.

Carrion, who is assigned to a security unit at Barksdale Air Force Base in Shreveport, Louisiana, has not been charged with a crime.
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/03/10/airman.shot.ap/index.html

Attachments

• vert.carrion.ap.jpg
    vert.carrion.ap.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 271