Whatcha pocket?

ILemt

Forum Lieutenant
Main pockets: Pen, cellphone, photo id, debit card, key to narc cabinet.

Side pockets: 3x5 notepad for vitals/pt info, 3 pairs of gloves, trauma shears.

Shirt pocket: Extra pen, dollar bills for soda machine.

Belt: Motorola radio, keys

Bench seat: Cardiology II ears, ICU / CCRN pocket guide, calipers.

Wristwatch

Last edited by a moderator:

joshrunkle35

EMT-P/RN
Wallet, keys, phone (iPhone), pen, sharpie, knife (microtech), small flashlight (surefire EB1), spare gloves, alcohol wipes.

wadford

Forum Crew Member
lol back pocket has my wallet with my certs and two pennies, folding knife, cargo pockets have extra gloves, belt carries my radio and my cell phone case. The more you carry on you the more you have the potential to lose, or get snagged by. Keep it streamlined my friend.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
IFT we travel light. Not sure our bag's ever left the squad :rofl: We have heavier molded N-95s and lighter folded flat ones, so I keep one of those in my cargo pockets. I probably should try & cram another one in for my partner :unsure:

Are you sure the flat ones are N95? I'd kinda doubt it to be honest.

Why not throw them in the back of your gurney under the part for their torso?

Just seems like folding and bending in a pocket could potentially compromise the filtration characteristics, only reason I said anything.

Rin

Forum Captain

Just seems like folding and bending in a pocket could potentially compromise the filtration characteristics, only reason I said anything.

They /say/ N-95...but knowing my company they probably stenciled that on themselves lol. I keep one pocketed b/c we're always assigned different squads.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
They /say/ N-95...but knowing my company they probably stenciled that on themselves lol. I keep one pocketed b/c we're always assigned different squads.

Fair enough. I always forget that I'm spoiled having an assigned rig and my own bags that were assigned to me when I cleared my FTO time.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief

Yes, there are some flat N95s AMD I don't like them. It relies on the operator to wear them correctly and that's harder than it sounds when it doesn't want to conform to your face.

I've also heard OSHA standards are that they have 2 straps not one. Random. Don't know if its true.

I prefer the round kind.

DenimBob

Forum Ride Along
POCKET: cell phone and spyderco pocket knife. One pair of extra gloves
BELT: it holds up my pants.... Nothing else
UNIFORM SHIRT: two pens
Everything else you need should be in ambulance or equipment you carry in on scene.... Don't be Ricky rescue

This guy said it all... Pocket knife an extra set of gloves and a couple pens... NO NEED FOR A BAT BELT! My radio is the only thing clipped to my belt. If you carry more the real paid guys make fun of you (trust me we really do). Gotta stay light and keep your head on a swivel when you work in the hood. All your tools are nice and secure in your bag.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
My company policy requires every employee to carry trauma shears and a pen light.

Many carry additional equipment like a flashlight, knife, glove pouch, etc.

Accessories are common here (as long as you don't go overboard) and I've never heard of anyone being picked on for it.

Many of us have the Leatherman Raptor, including me. I also have a bright LED pen light, and gloves. Lately I've had some surgical masks due to dusty weather.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Everyone on my shift carries a Leatherman Raptor. Nice little toy especially since we can get them half price

Angel

Paramedic
i need to buy a raptor. whats the wear like? anyone have to keep replacing theirs?
i have a rescue hook and carry gloves, pens, will carry a penlight/flashlight and gum. our radios go in my pocket but i have a custom radio strap on the way

Nightmare

The FNG
Carry what you are comfortable with/what you will need. I am a smaller/younger dude so I typically end up in the tight spaces/wrecked cars. What do you need in there? All the time my pants have 4 pens, trauma shears, and O2 wrench (they are always missing on the rigs) then i carry a car charger for my phone just in case, and then a bio bag because I'm not getting puked on!

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
i need to buy a raptor. whats the wear like? anyone have to keep replacing theirs?
i have a rescue hook and carry gloves, pens, will carry a penlight/flashlight and gum. our radios go in my pocket but i have a custom radio strap on the way
Mine needs a nice cleaning (surface rust) but I haven't seen any others like this and the a blade still cuts better than any pair of regular shears I've used.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I love mine. So far wear has been great and it.holds up well to multiple decons. Plus I replaced shears, rescue hool, and oxygen wrench with the raptor. BlAde on it.is still going strong