What to wear for care ambulance oc interview

AngelswillRise

Forum Probie
I heard its a suit ? Just trying to make sure , I'm nervous haha

The sharper and more professional you look, the better the impression you will leave. Wear a suit. Also, you're going to like the way you look.....I guarantee it.

Danno

Forum Lieutenant
I agree with Mens Warehouse up above. Don't they ask you to wear a suit for the written as well? Shouldn't be any different for the interview.

energystar

Forum Crew Member
Slacks, tie, button up shirt, nice shoes and a belt will suffice. Wear a suit if you want but it isn't required

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Doesn't matter what the job is for.. suit up

If you don't have one it may be time to invest in one. A tie, dress shirt and nice pants will work but nothing beats a suit.

slewy

Forum Lieutenant
I wore just a button up shirt,pants, and dress shoes. The job doesn't go to the best dressed person, it goes to whoever is most capable.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I wore just a button up shirt,pants, and dress shoes. The job doesn't go to the best dressed person, it goes to whoever is most capable.

It's a business and first impression matters. Otherwise, why not show up in a speedo?

Trashtruck

Forum Captain

No.

Wear a suit. Everything else is half-assed, and the employer knows it.

Personnel and HR has said, off the record of course, that anybody who doesn't show up in a suit, doesn't move on in the hiring process.
This is anecdotal, but I'm sure it happens elsewhere.

But of course, you'll be passed over because 'We've decided to move forward with other candidates. Best of luck to you'(Or some other line that you can't sue them over)

Last edited by a moderator:

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
No.

Wear a suit. Everything else is half-assed, and the employer knows it.

Personnel and HR has said, off the record of course, that anybody who doesn't show up in a suit, doesn't move on in the hiring process.

But of course, you'll be passed over because 'We've decided to move forward with other candidates. Best of luck to you'(Or some other line that you can't sue them over)

This unless they specify otherwise. My interview specified business casual because we had a skill test too. If they hasn't specified I would have gone with a suit for sure.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse

Anecdotally, I have never worn a suit or tie to an interview and I have been hired everytime. I have always worn dress pants and a button up dress shirt. IMO I look very professional. I think a full suit is overkill in most situations.

But by all means wear a suit. It definitely won't hurt.

And infection control advises employees in patient care areas not to wear ties. Sounds like a good excuse to me :ph34r:

energystar

Forum Crew Member
Coming from someone who works for care, if a suit makes you feel more confident or will improve your perception of yourself wear it. If not then you will be good in a dress shirt, tie and slacks.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Wear a suit and tie. You want to be better dressed than your interviewer (or equal if they are also suit and tied).

Can you get hired without one? sure. if they really really want you. But if you can't even dress the part, why would they think you would do well at the job? Plus, with the more applicants than opening positions, do you really want to take that risk?

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
I would say a suit, but I have never worn a suit to an interview, and I have almost always got the job I was interviewed for. A lot of people in there younger 20's may not own a suit. Before I owned a suit I just went in a long sleeve collar shirt, tie with a double windsor knot, creased slacks, and polished leather shoes.

EMT2B

Forum Lieutenant
I had a question about interview clothes as well. As a female, a three-piece suit isn't exactly hanging in my closet. :rolleyes:
I don't yet have any interviews pending, but its always good to be prepared! I thought about wearing my "work shirt" from the class I took, along with the standard dark blue pants and shined black boots. Then I read this:
Dress well. A jobshirt is NOT job interview attire (seen it). A button down shirt and tie isn't a bad idea.
That threw the whole idea right out the window! I don't "do" dresses or skirts. Just a personal thing. What would be a "good" interview outfit for a woman? Any suggestions? Thanks!!

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I had a question about interview clothes as well. As a female, a three-piece suit isn't exactly hanging in my closet. :rolleyes:
I don't yet have any interviews pending, but its always good to be prepared! I thought about wearing my "work shirt" from the class I took, along with the standard dark blue pants and shined black boots. Then I read this:
That threw the whole idea right out the window! I don't "do" dresses or skirts. Just a personal thing. What would be a "good" interview outfit for a woman? Any suggestions? Thanks!!

A dark colored straight skirt of modest length, with a nice blouse and maybe a jacket. Boring shoes. Boring jewelry.

Pants are ok, but I find dressy pants to be harder to find than a skirt so I wear skirts to interview type things.

EMT2B

Forum Lieutenant
A dark colored straight skirt of modest length, with a nice blouse and maybe a jacket. Boring shoes. Boring jewelry.

Pants are ok, but I find dressy pants to be harder to find than a skirt so I wear skirts to interview type things.

Me and skirts/dresses really don't get along. I'm "fluffy," and whenever I wear a skirt/dress, I get what my mum lovingly refers to as "Rhumba Butt." Plus ... Its too ... ah ... "breezy." :blush: I think I still have my boring flats (only dressy shoes I own), and I'm not one for make up or jewelry. I'm very much a "tomboy." I love my T's, jeans, and sneakers. I may end up having to purchase a nice-ish blouse. I think the only blouse I have is rather sheer, and wearing a sweater/jacket over it is a bit too warm in the summer. *le sigh*

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
You could dress with a professional long sleeve collared dress shirt, no tie, and dress pants. They make that stuff for women. In fact I just typed "business women" into google images and you will get a lot of ideas. Most are not wearing dresses or skirts, but formal pants and shirts.
You could also go with a suit for a woman.