the 100% directionless thread

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I think so. I'm really flying through a lot of material very quickly; it's written in a very clear and concise but thorough style. The only downside depending on what your focus is would be that it only covers as much anatomy as you need to understand the physiological concepts. That's kind of a plus on my view.
For our purposes I think less of a focus on anatomy is important. There are important structures that you should know, but really we care more about how the body works and not what the various muscles are that cause you to be able to pronate...

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
In a totally unrelated note I love me some Cold Stone Creamery.......
That is just so wrong... Why? You brought back some fantastic flavor memories that just give an incredible desire, nay, drive to go have some!

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
That is just so wrong... Why? You brought back some fantastic flavor memories that just give an incredible desire, nay, drive to go have some!

I got some gift cards as a perk. Yeah, baby.

And on a side note, I enjoyed your inclusion of the word "nay". Nice touch.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I think so. I'm really flying through a lot of material very quickly; it's written in a very clear and concise but thorough style. The only downside depending on what your focus is would be that it only covers as much anatomy as you need to understand the physiological concepts. That's kind of a plus on my view.
Anatomy is important, but that's just simple, pure rote memorization. If you want to have a solid understanding of how and why the body works, you absolutely must concentrate on the physiology aspect. As you get deeper and deeper into physiology, you might find yourself asking to do things that are out of protocol because you know what works and why it does and can therefore step a bit beyond being a protocol monkey and more toward being a clinician.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I got some gift cards as a perk. Yeah, baby.

And on a side note, I enjoyed your inclusion of the word "nay". Nice touch.
I certainly appreciate that... ;)

You can drive your known horse to the store, but alas, you cannot let poor Yorick eat ice cream. :D

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
$250 had - $200 for tuition leaving me $50 to take care of a broken vehicle. I really need to get my two checks in, shiiiiit.

EMT533

The Rookie
$250 had - $200 for tuition leaving me $50 to take care of a broken vehicle. I really need to get my two checks in, shiiiiit.

You do what you gotta do when you gotta do it. It sucks sometimes, but it'll work out. Keep being a bad*** and saving lives and moving up the ladder. You've got it.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
2 days of hurry up and wait standbys. I ain't complaining.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Aww boo, finished my interview with Henderson Fire Dept, and got the "Thanks, but no thanks" from them. Oh well, still have my interview with Clark County FD tomorrow, plus you know, that small little dept back home where I'm percolating through backgrounds right now XD

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Aww boo, finished my interview with Henderson Fire Dept, and got the "Thanks, but no thanks" from them. Oh well, still have my interview with Clark County FD tomorrow, plus you know, that small little dept back home where I'm percolating through backgrounds right now XD

My buddy just got picked up with San Diego Fire. You apply for them?

EMT533

The Rookie
Started GYN sonography scanning class today. Abdomen and ultrasound physics are tomorrow and vascular is Thursday.