the 100% directionless thread

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Twice over the last few years, both times same thing, made to the interview but not beyond.

That sucks man. Keep at it!

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
That sucks man. Keep at it!
Yeah, definitely. Besides these Vegas-area interviews (still got Clark County tomorrow!) I'm on the wait list for Honolulu's next PAT (they just did one while I was on orders in Feb so it might be a while ha), waiting on OCFA to get around towards interviewing Band B from their test (possible they wont, possible that'll be in the fall), even though I didn't pass Long Beach's interview, I'm still on their Band A from their last test so it's also possible I'll get another interview with them later this year or next. I've heard LA County FD might be scheduling another test here shortly, that I would love to pounce on haha But yeah, the biggest prize so far is my LAFD app, where I've already passed the test AND Interview and have been in backgrounds since August (and now my references are just now finally getting called, so hopefully they'll pass me soon!) Until then every other app and test and interview and what not is basically me not putting all my career aspirations in one basket haha

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Man, I've missed so much. :( @ViolynEMT - YEAH!!!! Congrats!! I'll be paying attention for it! In other news, I just finished day 2 of Rural Metro's academy. SO MUCH INFORMATION. :confused: It's going to be a long week but so worth it!

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
I've actually (finally) been invited to test for AMR!!!!!!!! Tests in the morning are graded immediately. If you do well, you get an interview that day. The test is 1.5 to 2 hours long. That's a bit intimidating. Interviews are around 40 minutes. Is this typical? Rural Metro was very laid back when I interviewed there. Does anyone have suggestions on what reference (s) I could/should use to study besides JBL? It's been a while.

I've actually (finally) been invited to test for AMR!!!!!!!! Tests in the morning are graded immediately. If you do well, you get an interview that day. The test is 1.5 to 2 hours long. That's a bit intimidating. Interviews are around 40 minutes. Is this typical? Rural Metro was very laid back when I interviewed there. Does anyone have suggestions on what reference (s) I could/should use to study besides JBL? It's been a while.

Yeah!! :)

Study your EMT book, and your class notes in addition to JBL and EMTPrep.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Don't worry about long tests, just means you have time to be thorough.

Aside from JB, YouTube. All kinds of good stuff to be found there if you look in the right places.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Welp, got the call back, not selected for the job. In a way though, it might be a good thing. Could be a little easier that way until I finish medic school, I can always move up to the ALS truck at my current job anyway.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Felt like my Clark County FF Interview went pretty well (well better than my interview yesterday at least!) Now it's time to play the hurry up and wait game for them to tell me how well I scored haha

Gurby

Forum Asst. Chief

Possibly more important than JBL is memorizing your local protocols from cover to cover. Know drug dosages, know the area hospitals and where to take traumas/strokes, brush up on CPR algorithms, etc.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
As said, specific local protocols. Though my AMR test was just your standard scope, but operations can have their own tests. That test sucked, JBL saved me.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Got a new ride today. Finally a bigger vehicle to haul puppies around.. and maybe a kid or two in the future.

uploadfromtaptalk1458186741220.jpg

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
Just got new climbing shoes! Well, actually my my honey did...he just doesn't know about it yet.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Well a little over $550 later, my truck is working....again....basically just wasted $30ish on the stuff I fixed before it decided breaking was a good idea 2 days later.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes with a Irish stout. Now that is how you celebrate St. Patrick's day folks.