the 100% directionless thread

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
I am sitting here trying everything to get a call....I have said it was a quiet day....I ate....I have done everything but another sacrifice to dispatch.
We had 12 dispatches, 7 transports and endless post moves last night... We were trying everything to catch a break.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
You look suspiciously like you're planning on jumping out of that perfectly good C-130 in the background. That would be silly though.
haha pretty much. Only one exit today though, but I was in the 5th pass so I got to sit inside and watch (almost) everyone else jump before my turn

triemal04

Forum Deputy Chief
It's supposed to be easy. Keep up the CE and AHA cards and I can just get it back when I need it. I'm so busy that working even the occasional weekend shift is almost unmanageable. I hate to give it up though.
Yeah. I get a Telestaff call everyday and I always feel guilty. Also, I think my skills have degraded a bit, not working every day.
Good luck. It's a good character trait to have; knowing when it is time to move on and do something else, versus refusing to acknowledge that and lingering on and on. It can be very unpleasant to watch someone who, over decades, has built up a solid and lasting reputation for excellence and a legacy of the same destroy that by refusing to stop when it's time. Many times all people will remember is the final years of someones career, and not all they good things they may have done in the past.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I've lost 50 lbs, but still don't feel like I look like I have really lost anything. Sucks. At least the scale shows it.

80 more to go.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Second shift with the new agency is tomorrow. Should be fun. Heres hoping for an interesting shift

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
perfectly good C-130
Perfectly good plane? It's an Air Force plane, it might've been safer to land under canopy :p Considering I've no joke personally witnessed the AF crash an airplane on landing (and then on top of that crashed the PJs HH60 at our outpost that night AFTER picking up the crew....)

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Good luck. It's a good character trait to have; knowing when it is time to move on and do something else, versus refusing to acknowledge that and lingering on and on. It can be very unpleasant to watch someone who, over decades, has built up a solid and lasting reputation for excellence and a legacy of the same destroy that by refusing to stop when it's time. Many times all people will remember is the final years of someones career, and not all they good things they may have done in the past.

I was never that good of a medic. :)

MS Medic

Forum Captain
I have a question. Can anyone read the writing on the sign of my avatar? Its there for the comical aspect of the message. If no one can read it, I'm going to change it.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I am sitting here trying everything to get a call....I have said it was a quiet day....I ate....I have done everything but another sacrifice to dispatch.
Pull your stuff off the ambulance. Make your bed and get into it. Start watching the TV show your into. Get in the shower with your uniform scattered about eight places in the station. Or my personal favorite, go for a run and end up somewhere about a quarter mile away.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I should be studying for my medic midterm. Instead I find myself in debate with a union organizer who does not have a clue. There might be a place for unions in parts of EMS, but the way they go about it is so off-putting it's hard to want to get onboard. Unions can be the answer to some of our issues but they are not the answer and it would be nice if the organizers could figure that out.

MS Medic

Forum Captain
Paying someone for the "right" to work somewhere doesn't really sound like a great solution to problems