the 100% directionless thread

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
That is the truest thing I have heard in such a long time. It's like watching a bad version of dumb and dumber.

terrible one

Always wandering
I would make about the same in the 9 months as I will for the year as an EMT, as well as getting unemployment when laid off. And that's just base, no OT.

Just an FYI it's nearly impossible to work for calfire as a seasonal and not work any OT.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So I called to follow up on my drug test results. Should've taken 3 days, its been 4 weeks now, even with Thanksgiving I don't think it should normally take this long. And I was promptly told both of the people who deal with new hires and the whole process were out of the office today. Yay. Just gonna have to try again tomorrow.

Oh and another company has an open house for prospective EMTs to go to before applying. So I'm gonna go to that tonight. Only problem is that this company likes to put all new hires on IFT only cars until they have enough seniority for a 911 car (typically 6-ish months from what I've heard, who knows maybe they'll be able to factor in my previous experience? Somehow I doubt it, but thats a question for tonight!)

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
The root beer flavored beer at California Pizza Kitchen. Good stuff.

CALEMT

I had something like that while at a restaurant in Downtown Disney. Awesome stuff.

Yeah, just don't drink a 6% alcohol volume beer before drinking it. Cause I don't think I'd be able to pass a FST right now.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah, just don't drink a 6% alcohol volume beer before drinking it. Cause I don't think I'd be able to pass a FST right now.
Except it was smooth and delicious I probably could have had 3 or so before realizing I'd be in the same boat haha

CALEMT

Except it was smooth and delicious I probably could have had 3 or so before realizing I'd be in the same boat haha

They're dangerous cause you don't feel it till you stand up. I'd probably drink those till I passed out.

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Well, my right ear is swollen and hurts like a mother. Had a family member check it out and looks like I might have gotten a bug bite or something and it's infected.

Anyone know of any online A&P programs, and basic EKG, and Pharmacology courses? I want to take some between now and August, however being I work full time, I can't really step foot into a classroom.

MS Medic

Forum Captain
Anyone know of any online A&P programs, and basic EKG, and Pharmacology courses? I want to take some between now and August, however being I work full time, I can't really step foot into a classroom.

Your local community college should have online A&P. Don't know about the others.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
They're dangerous cause you don't feel it till you stand up. I'd probably drink those till I passed out.
Lol you think those are bad, there's a local brewery that has a lager aged in tequila barrels. Sweet, smooth, and 11%ABV. I very much love it. Good thing that the bar is only 4 blocks from my place.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
ICEMA peeps, what do y'all know about the Rialto FD Ambulance Operator position? The website wasn't too clear, but it looks like single role EMT and single role Paramedic on the same ambulance?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
e55294879dfd33459e61704b35fe66d5.jpg

My favorite bar is better than yours. Showing one SW movie a week until the new one premieres... well the real three movies. No prequels here

terrible one

Always wandering
ICEMA peeps, what do y'all know about the Rialto FD Ambulance Operator position? The website wasn't too clear, but it looks like single role EMT and single role Paramedic on the same ambulance?

Pretty much every transporting agency, wether fire or private, is one medic and one EMT. I believe now all transporting personnel are non suppression, since SBcoFD switched from LTs to A/Os.
Rialto is a newest program to switch from cross staffed FF/PMs to non suppression A/Os.