the 100% directionless thread

Rhonda

Forum Lieutenant
2 weeks into being 27 and I'm going to say hangovers hurt just a tad more than they did at 26

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
2 weeks into being 27 and I'm going to say hangovers hurt just a tad more than they did at 26
Damn... I've got two more months to enjoy these, then [emoji21]

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I miss the days of being half my age... didn't drink much then, still don't, but... those were some great times!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I hate college specific text books. I cant pirate them or buy them online. Or rent them for.that matter... leaves having to buy it from the college

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Just found out that I got the SOU spot that I applied for [emoji16] Hello more toys (still doesn't rival TJs [emoji19]), tactical medic, and all the training and classes I could want! Possibly Helo rescue too, if they ever fix the logistics and get it back in the air.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
Just found out that I got the SOU spot that I applied for [emoji16] Hello more toys (still doesn't rival TJs [emoji19]), tactical medic, and all the training and classes I could want! Possibly Helo rescue too, if they ever fix the logistics and get it back in the air.

Congrats, have to find out if ATC is strictly medic for their tactical team. (I'd assume so)

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Sometimes I just feel like posting this...

shift.jpg

Anjel

Forum Angel

Anjel

Forum Angel
Oh I am fine. I think it had to do with the fact that I was going on close to 40 hours with no sleep. Every last drop of optimism in me drains out around 26 hours.

Understood. Mine leaves around 20. So you do better than me.

Reactions: Rin

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Congrats, have to find out if ATC is strictly medic for their tactical team. (I'd assume so)

Most tactical teams are gonna require you be a Paramedic since the immediate life threats they correct are outside of a basic's scope..

Having a tactical medic doesn't do crap for you if they can't decompress your tension pnuemo while you're waiting for extraction from the casualty collection point.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Most tactical teams are gonna require you be a Paramedic since the immediate life threats they correct are outside of a basic's scope..

Having a tactical medic doesn't do crap for you if they can't decompress your tension pnuemo while you're waiting for extraction from the casualty collection point.

This. Yes you can stop bleeding with a TQ at the EMT level but so can an officer who carries the equipment with 10 minutes of training.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
This has been the most boring 48 hour shift of my life, I am 39 Hours in, and the only thing I have done is a stupid transfer