the 100% directionless thread

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I need to work on my and presence. One nurse and four overly panicked flight attendants is possibly one of the more challenging scenes I've been on.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
It saddens me that we cannot "like" our own posts... :(

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I shall message you whenever I'm in need of some self-adulation :D

Anjel

Forum Angel
On which occasion? :lol: Usually I'm not stupid enough to wear a shirt, though o_O

Bow chicka wow wow

Moving to Texas is looking better and better :p

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
It would appear I escaped San Fransisco just in time.

Angel

Paramedic
i felt it this AM and wow, it was strong and i was miles away from the epicenter. power is still out in napa last i checked

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I was thinking tonight I've got 37 days until I head home.

This makes me sad. Where'd the time go?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
So apparently my black cloud doesn't follow on a purely flight shift. I have been on flight since yesterday afternoon and we haven't gotten a single flight. I'm on till 1000 tomorrow when I revert back to ground... I can guess when our service will get busy...

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I transported a guy tonight who rolled his car down a 70 foot/50 degree embankment and then crawled up. He was rather intoxicated but just had some scratches. I can't decide if I am more impressed that his dogs also were fine or that they waited for their idiot owner at the top.

Also it was an accidental mutual aid call the other service got pissy with me for taking their "good call." Yea cause I wanted an hour transport an angry and intoxicated obese man. You bet guys, have fun being back at the station.

Reactions: Rin

Angel

Paramedic
I transported a guy tonight who rolled his car down a 70 foot/50 degree embankment and then crawled up. He was rather intoxicated but just had some scratches. I can't decide if I am more impressed that his dogs also were fine or that they waited for their idiot owner at the top.

Also it was an accidental mutual aid call the other service got pissy with me for taking their "good call." Yea cause I wanted an hour transport an angry and intoxicated obese man. You bet guys, have fun being back at the station.

lol yeeeeea. that seriously doesnt sound fun at all. they are crazy

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Interesting 12-lead from a 17 year old male patient in the ED today.

Attachments

• 12 lead 1120.jpg
    12 lead 1120.jpg
    800 KB · Views: 331
  • 12 lead 1200.jpg
    12 lead 1200.jpg
    798.6 KB · Views: 390

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Wow. Symptoms and clinical findings? On a cold read without any background, that's pretty dang convincing...

17 year old male patient drove in to the ED by mother with ALOC. Patient presents as if he was having petit mal seizures. Patient has no allergies, takes an unknown medication for seizures (recently changed medications).

BP is 112/82, pulse was in the 80-90s, RR 14, 98% on RA, pupils PERRL at ~4mm, lungs clear, BGL 102. Patient was having these episodes (the blank gaze) every 5 minutes with about a 30 second postictal period.

Doc ordered 1mg Ativan. Patient stopped having the episodes after the Ativan. Patient stated that he had been having really bad throat pain for about 5 days.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
17 year old male patient drove in to the ED by mother with ALOC. Patient presents as if he was having petit mal seizures. Patient has no allergies, takes an unknown medication for seizures (recently changed medications).

BP is 112/82, pulse was in the 80-90s, RR 14, 98% on RA, pupils PERRL at ~4mm, lungs clear, BGL 102. Patient was having these episodes (the blank gaze) every 5 minutes with about a 30 second postictal period.

Doc ordered 1mg Ativan. Patient stopped having the episodes after the Ativan. Patient stated that he had been having really bad throat pain for about 5 days.
Was the second EKG post Ativan administration, and if so, how long after? Do you know any lab values?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Was the second EKG post Ativan administration, and if so, how long after? Do you know any lab values?
Second was post Ativan. About 20 minutes after.

The only lab value I am aware of is his troponin level which was 16

The ER doc didn't want to call STEMI on the patient until the troponin levels came back.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Second was post Ativan. About 20 minutes after.

The only lab value I am aware of is his troponin level which was 16

The ER doc didn't want to call STEMI on the patient until the troponin levels came back.
I'm assuming there was an occlusion then after a trip to the Cath lab? Certainly an interesting case! Are these how his seizures typically present as well?