the 100% directionless thread

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
x2_64c5c7a

I just got this tattoo today. I wanted to do something to always have something to remember her by. It's a tattoo of both halves of the coin we both carried with us everywhere. I still have my half of the necklace too. She is being buried with hers on Tuesday.

The tattoo looks great. I am so sorry about all that happened. Very few people on the internet can actually bring tears to my eyes, but having observed your loyalty, dedication, and love to her over those months from your forum posts, your exchanges on facebook, etc .. I feel truly heart broken and in tears for you, literal tears streamed down my face when I read the blog post you directed me to. You know how to get in touch with me if you ever need anything, or someone to listen.

I truly mean that.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Did the badger have too much to drink?........though I shouldn't automatically assume that. Badger could be a diabetic whose sugar is low, or could just be having a stroke.

Guys, it's Latin. Jeez.

Latin for: After this, therefore because of this.

Basically it means that A preceded B, therefor A must have caused B. It's a logical fallacy.

Last edited by a moderator:

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Latin for: After this, therefore because of this.

Basically it means that A preceded B, therefor A must have caused B. It's a logical fallacy.

I thought it was, "Post Hoc, Ergo Proctor Hoc". We are talking about logical fallcies, correct?

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief

Sasha

Forum Chief
My ac stopped working, but not before making some really loud noises to wake me up.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Did the badger have too much to drink?........though I shouldn't automatically assume that. Badger could be a diabetic whose sugar is low, or could just be having a stroke.

After the convo we had while i was driving home from work he was probably trying to use the alcohol as mind bleach.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Misscalled a STEMI last night :angry:. I hate being wrong with the fire of 1000 suns...

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
What was causing the ST elevation?

Left bundle. Patient was attending grandsons highschool graduation, seated at the top (of course) of the bleachers has a syncopal episode and continues to complain of dizziness on awakening. On arrival the patient is ashen, slightly hypotensive and diaphoretic to the point of being "wet". ECG shows a a LBBB, doesn't meet Sgarbossa criteria, but keep in mind that Sgarbossa isn't terribly sensitive. Patient has cardiac history, but he and family both adamantly deny any preexisting conduction blocks. Call a STEMI and an aircraft (not something I'd normally do 40 minutes from a STEMI center, but I was correctly figuring on close to 30 minutes to get him out of the stands) based on new onset of LBBB and constellation of symptoms. Pt is removed from the stadium, just enough time is available to start lines and strip the patient during the trip to the LZ, aircraft is on the ground waiting, 6 minute ground time and the patient is on their way. A phone call relays pt name and DOB to the receiving so they can pull his chart where his last ECG on file reveals? An identical looking LBBB. Everything worked like it was supposed to, I just went out on a limb with the activation, and it's frustrating to be wrong.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Left bundle. Patient was attending grandsons highschool graduation, seated at the top (of course) of the bleachers has a syncopal episode and continues to complain of dizziness on awakening. On arrival the patient is ashen, slightly hypotensive and diaphoretic to the point of being "wet". ECG shows a a LBBB, doesn't meet Sgarbossa criteria, but keep in mind that Sgarbossa isn't terribly sensitive. Patient has cardiac history, but he and family both adamantly deny any preexisting conduction blocks. Call a STEMI and an aircraft (not something I'd normally do 40 minutes from a STEMI center, but I was correctly figuring on close to 30 minutes to get him out of the stands) based on new onset of LBBB and constellation of symptoms. Pt is removed from the stadium, just enough time is available to start lines and strip the patient during the trip to the LZ, aircraft is on the ground waiting, 6 minute ground time and the patient is on their way. A phone call relays pt name and DOB to the receiving so they can pull his chart where his last ECG on file reveals? An identical looking LBBB. Everything worked like it was supposed to, I just went out on a limb with the activation, and it's frustrating to be wrong.

http://hqmeded-ecg.blogspot.com/2011/05/lbbb-is-there-stemi.html

Smith modified sgarbossa

Smith modified Sgarbossa rule:

1) at least one lead with concordant STE (Sgarbossa criterion 1) or
2) at least one lead of V1-V3 with concordant ST depression (Sgarbossa criterion 2) or
3) proportionally excessively discordant ST elevation in V1-V4, as defined by an ST/S ratio of equal to or more than 0.20 and at least 2 mm of STE. (this replaces Sgarbossa criterion 3 which uses an absolute of 5mm)

rogersam5

Forum Crew Member
Just gonna say wow,1180 pages... i remember when this thread was started.... sorry it is one of the few things i can remember and I am going to take anything i can get