the 100% directionless thread

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Yes, I have her tattoo'd on my left arm as a matter of fact.

I met her on one of my flights. She's so damn beautiful she doesn't look real even in the flesh. Super nice gal.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I finally did it

end_of_internet.GIF

So bored. No one chatting. I accidentally slept all day. Now I face the consequences lol

bigbaldguy

Ill be in chat for a few minutes till i pass out

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
12 down on a 36.

And I stinking got car sick on our last IFT, a short two hour trip. But the winds were mad and we like swam the whole way. I'm not happy. I was attending. I figured it'd all clear up when we made the receiving hospital and I sat up front for the drive home. Well, I fell asleep going home and woke up feeling even more sick. So now, after I've been back on solid ground for at least 4 hours, I still am all nauseated and woozy feeling. :-( I hate it that I get motion sick. :-(

Asimurk

Forum Captain
12 down on a 36.

And I stinking got car sick on our last IFT, a short two hour trip. But the winds were mad and we like swam the whole way. I'm not happy. I was attending. I figured it'd all clear up when we made the receiving hospital and I sat up front for the drive home. Well, I fell asleep going home and woke up feeling even more sick. So now, after I've been back on solid ground for at least 4 hours, I still am all nauseated and woozy feeling. :-( I hate it that I get motion sick. :-(

Sickness does seem to be wanting to go around.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Just found a dog outside my house, and took him home. It was a good quarter mile from his house.

apagea99

Forum Lieutenant
I just wasted a perfectly good day off working on final projects for A&P II and English Comp. I'm lame :unsure:

bigbaldguy

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Don't you just LOVE when your relief is one of the people who lacks common courtesy and thinks nothing of showing up even just a few minutes early and would rather sit in their car?

I tend to show up 10-15 early, others upwards of 30 minutes, just so the off-going crew doesn't catch a last minute call. But NOOO, twice in the last week we got calls literally less than 5 minutes from off time.

Got off 2 hours later this morning...

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Don't you just LOVE when your relief is one of the people who lacks common courtesy and thinks nothing of showing up even just a few minutes early and would rather sit in their car?

I tend to show up 10-15 early, others upwards of 30 minutes, just so the off-going crew doesn't catch a last minute call. But NOOO, twice in the last week we got calls literally less than 5 minutes from off time.

Got off 2 hours later this morning...

I've had a few people like that that I work with here... it's really bad when I need to get off at 6 so I can make it to class on time and they're 15 minutes late so I catch their first call of the day and wind up late

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Picked up a 94 y/o female the other day from assisted living for a possible lower GI bleed.

She was the sweetest thing and sharper than a tack. Anyhow, during transport she told us she came from a family of 13 sisters and 1 brother. :-o Poor guy! Anyhow, our pt was the baby of the family and get this, the last one alive. How horrible would that be, watching your ENTIRE family die one by one.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Picked up a 94 y/o female the other day from assisted living for a possible lower GI bleed.

She was the sweetest thing and sharper than a tack. Anyhow, during transport she told us she came from a family of 13 sisters and 1 brother. :-o Poor guy! Anyhow, our pt was the baby of the family and get this, the last one alive. How horrible would that be, watching your ENTIRE family die one by one.

That would suck, Mrs Brown would probably like it, she does not like Browns family ....

harryb714

Forum Crew Member

If life works the way everyone expects it to, the youngest ones watch all the old ones die before them....

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Just found out that I am cleared for team leads from now on.
I feel as jittery as the first day of field shifts. I am sure my brain is going to blow a fuse on the first run as team lead.:wacko:
Excited but freaking out at the same time.:)

bigbaldguy

Just found out that I am cleared for team leads from now on.
I feel as jittery as the first day of field shifts. I am sure my brain is going to blow a fuse on the first run as team lead.:wacko:
Excited but freaking out at the same time.:)

Congrats, scary stuff but you'll do fine.

bigbaldguy

Anybody flying from houston to Dallas or Dallas to Houston tonight. If you have a big bald grumpy looking flight attendant say hi and you drink for free.

:beerchug: