the 100% directionless thread

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
I've had 'Bust A Move' by Young MC stuck in my head for days...

Last edited by a moderator:

Anjel

Forum Angel
Last edited by a moderator:

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Anybody flying from houston to Dallas or Dallas to Houston tonight. If you have a big bald grumpy looking flight attendant say hi and you drink for free.

:beerchug:

Captain Brown CPL, MEL, ATPL(c) says we are going to be having some turbulence .....

*ding, seatbelt sign on

Anjel

Forum Angel
Did 5 miles at the gym. Gonna go die now.

Cya

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Ah don't you just love being treated like a second rate EMS provider just because you have no desire to be a hosemonkey? I'm not looking forward to class tomorrow.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Ah don't you just love being treated like a second rate EMS provider just because you have no desire to be a hosemonkey? I'm not looking forward to class tomorrow.

I never had any interest in fire either, none at all. It was back in First Responder class where I felt kinda left out of the crowd cause of the lack of interest in fire, EMT and medic school weren't really that bad.

Look on the bright side, you are gonna finish up this program, go on to somewhere awesome like UNM to get your degree then get that Texas LP Patch.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Heh, I'm seriously debating skipping the AAS EMS and going for dual BS's. One in EMS one in Nursing.
And the part that sucks about the class is now I am the ONLY non city fire person i nthe class. The two we had that were on the wait list just started so now they decided they're allowed to give me the attitude... Which is odd considering I'm the most experienced EMT in that class :)

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I never had the fire fighter bug either. People look at me like I'm insane when I say I have no desire to drive the "big red truck". I must be missing that gene or something.

FrostbiteMedic

Forum Lieutenant
Heh, I'm seriously debating skipping the AAS EMS and going for dual BS's. One in EMS one in Nursing.
And the part that sucks about the class is now I am the ONLY non city fire person i nthe class. The two we had that were on the wait list just started so now they decided they're allowed to give me the attitude... Which is odd considering I'm the most experienced EMT in that class :)
Havin been and still being a "hosemonkey" myself ( :D ) I can honestly say that I do not understand the lack of professionalism shown by some firefighters toward pure EMS providers. That said, I have never worked Fire-based EMS, and where I am most places are seperate, with fire being fire and EMS being EMS. Just remember JT: a sheepskin is a sheepskin, and the more you have, the more your value goes up...besides, it might make it a tad cheaper on ya if you get your A.A.S....if you catch my drift.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Havin been and still being a "hosemonkey" myself ( :D ) I can honestly say that I do not understand the lack of professionalism shown by some firefighters toward pure EMS providers. That said, I have never worked Fire-based EMS, and where I am most places are seperate, with fire being fire and EMS being EMS. Just remember JT: a sheepskin is a sheepskin, and the more you have, the more your value goes up...besides, it might make it a tad cheaper on ya if you get your A.A.S....if you catch my drift.
I'm actually looking at a program in Austin that let's EMT-Ps bridge over to an ADN, which would take just over the amount of time it would take me to get my AAS EMT-P... so it's worth it to me to be able to work as an RN while I'm pursuing my dual BS degrees in NM.

FrostbiteMedic

Forum Lieutenant
why are you so happy, if i may be permitted to ask?

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Oscar 5 calls Ambulance .....

Oh bloody hell they must be busy, oh well, can't need Brown then

*Brown rolls back over and goes back to sleep quietly as not to distrub Mrs Brown

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
why are you so happy, if i may be permitted to ask?

Life is good! Just in general I guess. Skiing is great. Season passes good for this year and next just went on sale. I'm off work this coming week. I can feel the end of school closing in. I have a wonderful family, a small group of amazing friends, a great crew to work with. Oh yea, I almost forgot, the greatest dog ever. I'm finally starting to feel better after an 8 week long respiratory infection of some sort. You know....stuff like that.

And you know that post I made a while back about a five minute phone call ruining your week? Well, apparently the opposite is true as well, a five minute conversation can really brighten your day, or longer than a day too. :)

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Life is good! Just in general I guess. Skiing is great. Season passes good for this year and next just went on sale. I'm off work this coming week. I can feel the end of school closing in. I have a wonderful family, a small group of amazing friends, a great crew to work with. Oh yea, I almost forgot, the greatest dog ever. I'm finally starting to feel better after an 8 week long respiratory infection of some sort. You know....stuff like that.

And you know that post I made a while back about a five minute phone call ruining your week? Well, apparently the opposite is true as well, a five minute conversation can really brighten your day, or longer than a day too. :)

Give me some of that ecstacy.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Have you ever noticed we will get new posters to this site that go and pull up long dead discussions and post similiar statements to posters that got mad and quit?:unsure:

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm actually looking at a program in Austin that let's EMT-Ps bridge over to an ADN, which would take just over the amount of time it would take me to get my AAS EMT-P... so it's worth it to me to be able to work as an RN while I'm pursuing my dual BS degrees in NM.

I understand this to mean that the RN bridge takes just a little longer than the AS-Medic bridge when starting with your medic cert?