the 100% directionless thread

keith10247

Forum Lieutenant
*#(&@&^$ Girl Scout Cookies!!!!

OMG I am so disliking girl scouts right now!! Why do they have to sell awesome cookies that are like crack?! I have 7 boxes sitting under my desk that I bought from a co-worker's daugher! I have knocked out almost a box of tagalongs. My weakness... :blush: I keep them in the freezer part of my mini fridge at my desk but with the cavity I had filled on Wed is crazy sensitive to cold still! That sucks BTW, I have to leave my soda and water and everything out of the fridge and no ice with my rum and cokes. :angry:

medic417

The Truth Provider
Girl scouts are scamming us. Charging same for less. Those little crooks. They set you up, get you hooked then bamm less product for same money.

Sasha

Forum Chief
So.. Four hours later I finally go and get lunch.

And it wasn't Chinese. It was Taco Bell.

Since when does "No tomatos please" translate into "Put tomatos all over my taco!"?

Maybe she thought I said "Mo' tomatos, please."

Last edited by a moderator:

medic417

The Truth Provider
So.. Four hours later I finally go and get lunch.

And it wasn't Chinese. It was Taco Bell.

Since when does "No tomatos please" translate into "Put tomatos all over my taco!"?

Maybe she thought I said "Mo' tomatos, please."

Wonder if she wants the "mon back" mans job.

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief

medic417

The Truth Provider
92 more you lousy slackers. Hurry up.

keith10247

Forum Lieutenant
I did an EMS standby tonight for a local college that was doing a fundraiser for the march of dimes. We volunteered our services to stand there and wait for them to get hurt and the person on the stage was urging people to go buy T-Shirts to donate to the cause. She looked over at the EMS crew and said "Hint hint firemen and ambulance men". I thought volunteering services to sit in a corner with an aid bag on a Friday night for 5 hours would have been enough, don't you agree? I am all about supporting the cause, but doesn't man hours count towards the cause as well?

We didn't even get a thank you from the coordinator at the end. The ROTC got a thank you for showing up (since they were a big part of the dancers). The ROTC guys that got the award for having the most people from a single organization there (even though the EMS crew we assembled was actually larger than their group) actually got on the mic and thanked us, he was not even supposed to give a speach or anything, but he grabbed the mic anyways to thank us.

Oh and I got my new Class A uniform tonight with my shiny new shoes (which are more comfortable than they look)!

DarkHuntressMedic

Forum Probie
I'm sitting here- wide awake, working friday the thirteenth (sp?) actually now saturday, on our "busy" truck that is suddenly not, my partner is passed out and I'm hungry and keep catching a wiff of something that I hope is not rotting somewhere. I can't even get on amusing game sites because they are banned :sad:

8 calls and only one ligit...

2 hours to go...

hope everyone elses night is better :rolleyes:

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
huntress, sounds like my night
friday the thirteenth, with only half the number of rigs on the road that we actually need to cover our area, and it's DEAD. Yup, that's right, I'm on duty and I just said it's QUIET, SLOW and that I'm BORED.

medic417

The Truth Provider
huntress, sounds like my night
friday the thirteenth, with only half the number of rigs on the road that we actually need to cover our area, and it's DEAD. Yup, that's right, I'm on duty and I just said it's QUIET, SLOW and that I'm BORED.

And Sapphyre was never heard from again for taunting the EMS spirits. :p

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
Just did my Fri 13th night shift 8pm - 8 am and didn't do a single call. The nearest call was 55kms away. We went to the hosp for a while and they didn't even have a line up in the waiting room. Yesterday pts were piling up like cordwood. Funny the difference a day makes. I had a good sleep on the couch for two nights in a row. (One early call the night before.) Now and then you gotta love putting the "S" in EMS. (Earn Money Sleeping)

medic417

The Truth Provider
85 more posts. Get after it. You all rested yesterday so now to work.

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief

ten characters

medic417

The Truth Provider

ten characters

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Time to get back off topic and stop posting countdowns.

If I continue to see nothing but countdown posts, this thread will never make it to 1000 posts.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Time to get back off topic and stop posting countdowns.

If I continue to see nothing but countdown posts, this thread will never make it to 1000 posts.

Well hows the weather out your way. Weather has been been wild here. One day 80 and clear calm. Next day 80 mile per hour winds with 0 visibilty from blowing dust. And never fails the idiots keep driving. Wrecks, death occur and then we have to go out in that crap and hear complaints we took to long to get to them who cares we couldn't see and the ambulance is extremely top heavy and being blown all over the road.

Epi-do

I see dead people
Just got a phone call from my captain a little bit ago. Our batalion chief's dad passed away today. Bummer......