the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
D@mnit, d@mnit, D@MNIT!!!!

57 YOM pt c/o indigestion arrested in front of us, shocked once into sinus tach but remained unconscious, intubated, and hauled *** to a STEMI center as an inferior infarction is noted on EKG. Pt wakes up enroute, given a small fent bolus as his B/P is through the room, subsequent craps out 5 minutes out, code is worked for 15 minutes after arrival then called.

I really hate this crap sometimes :glare:.

Sounds like a crappy call man, but it sounds like ya'll did everything you could. Sorry man.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Got an email back on my new part time job. I'll be starting next week, or the week after! WoohoO!

I'm back in the working world, after a 4 year hiatus. What a relief, I'm so looking forward to it!

Sasha

Forum Chief
Last edited by a moderator:

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
They call the LAD the widowmaker for a reason. Sorry, sounds like a crappy day, but sounds like you did a good job.

Intelectually, I realize all of this...unfortunately we get very, very few good cardiac arrest outcomes here in Middle of Nowhere. This one was looking, at least for a little while, to be one of the few. Just frustrating is all, thanks for letting me vent.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
They call the LAD the widowmaker for a reason. Sorry, sounds like a crappy day, but sounds like you did a good job.

Left anterior descending? Is that right? Sometimes I feel like all I do is google medical terms.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Intelectually, I realize all of this...unfortunately we get very, very few good cardiac arrest outcomes here in Middle of Nowhere. This one was looking, at least for a little while, to be one of the few. Just frustrating is all, thanks for letting me vent.

The Middle of Nowhere is a hard place to get good outcomes, honestly. It's so tough...most calls are just nothing after nothing after nothing, and then all of the sudden the pressure's on.

It sounds like your guys probably ignored a LOT of warning signs.

This was a wakeup call for me. A friend's husband had a 95% occlusion in the LAD 10 days ago, felt a little chest pressure and was short of breath, went in and had a CABG...and is fine now. By the Grace of God, I guess, cause they live in the Middle of Nowhere, too. They actually refer to their homeplace as The Boonies.

Sometimes, your time is just up. Vent away though. I always like how "safe" this forum is for venting.

Left anterior descending? Is that right? Sometimes I feel like all I do is google medical terms.

Yep, left anterior descending coronary artery, supplies the inferior part of the heart, and the majority of the left ventricle. Googling medical terms is not a bad way to occupy your time, IMO.

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
And the answer is? PASSED! Just waiting on my shiney new EMT-B card.

bigbaldguy

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
Not enough characters. Need 4 characters to register on the search for vbulletins, right? Try *AMR...that might do it.

AH yes I had forgotten that thank you.

Still didnt yield the results I expected, Ill have to play around with words to find what im looking for B)

bigbaldguy

Right at the top of my list for things I never thought I'd have to say.

"Mom stop turning your baby monitor off"

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Was told by instructor that the four NIMS courses we needed to have done, was going to take maybe two hours max. So what did I do? I blew it off till the week they were due thinking they were going to be a piece of cake. Twelve hours later, nine attempts down the road I am finally done. Good greif!!!! Still don't know how the rest of my class passed all four exams in one hour. :wacko:

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Been busy the past couple days. Will be busy all day today too.