CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief

CALEMT

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
What's this? Only 1 open shift today? Awesome, we may *not* actually be run into the ground today....(now that I've said that our area is just gonna blow up with twice the normal amount of calls isn't it?)

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
image.jpeg
This is the "other" job. I've spent the last 2 hours tweaking the PA for our local ball team, the Savannah Bananas.

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
I just found out that yet another friend has passed away. Another friend is currently in hospice. This is getting to be just a little too much. That makes too many friends dying in the last couple of years.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
At least I get to rest some today. Tomorrow, not so much....

70percent.png

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
What's this? Only 1 open shift today? Awesome, we may *not* actually be run into the ground today....(now that I've said that our area is just gonna blow up with twice the normal amount of calls isn't it?)

Actually pretty decent day...7 transports, maybe one or two "dry runs" on top of that, some post move ups but not bad at all. Got to watch pretty much all of Thor Dark World on my Kindle.....went to bed at 10, woke up at 11:30 for a call, got back into station about an hour later, slept till 4am got a move up, spent half hour at the other station, came back, ran our last call at 6am got back in just before shift change so no, not too bad at all. There was enough coverage that we actually had a day car available for our area they were treating as the third unit out of our station (normally only 2 24hr units) so that really helped take a lot of pressure off for calls and moveups....be nice if we can continue that next shift tomorrow but we'll see lol

I just found out that yet another friend has passed away. Another friend is currently in hospice. This is getting to be just a little too much. That makes too many friends dying in the last couple of years.
Damn, so sorry to hear, can't imagine how tough that is for you :(

CALEMT

Actually pretty decent day...7 transports, maybe one or two "dry runs" on top of that, some post move ups but not bad at all. Got to watch pretty much all of Thor Dark World on my Kindle.....went to bed at 10, woke up at 11:30 for a call, got back into station about an hour later, slept till 4am got a move up, spent half hour at the other station, came back, ran our last call at 6am got back in just before shift change so no, not too bad at all. There was enough coverage that we actually had a day car available for our area they were treating as the third unit out of our station (normally only 2 24hr units) so that really helped take a lot of pressure off for calls and moveups....be nice if we can continue that next shift tomorrow but we'll see lol

Felony Friday sure lived up to its name last night for me. 6 calls 2 transports. All my calls either involved PD or alcohol.

Last edited:

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Only a couple calls involving Sheriff's Dept yesterday, and both were suspected drug users ha. One guy passing out unconscious at a Metro rail station after they saw him acting erratically....dude woke up in the rig as we were backing into the ER (we didn't give him any Narcan or anything either) and was fully A&Ox4 and was signing out AMA from the hospital before I was even done with paperwork.....though he was nice enough to sign my form and give me something to put in address and phone number sections first lol

Second guy was just a meth user tweaking out at midnight last night that Sheriff's literally told us they didn't want to deal with hauling him to jail so we took him for "Behavioral/Agitated, borderline ALOC" I think the medics put on the run form....It was somewhat funny while us and the Squadies were loading this guy up, a call for a vehicle fire came out nearby, before the dispatcher even finished reading the cross streets the Engine was like "Bye" and disappeared....and so did the Deputies going to the same fire since it actually came out on their radio just before fire's radio ha

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Really fire? You triage a patient as an immediate red tag but the patient is AOx4, GCS 15, with no complaint at all based solely on mechanism and also backboard him and then throw a pissy fit when I call you an idiot and triage him correctly.

7 patient TC with moderate damage. All patients are either minor or delayed for injuries but somehow they decide that there are 4 immediate and call in 2 air ships.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Really fire? You triage a patient as an immediate red tag but the patient is AOx4, GCS 15, with no complaint at all based solely on mechanism and also backboard him and then throw a pissy fit when I call you an idiot and triage him correctly.

7 patient TC with moderate damage. All patients are either minor or delayed for injuries but somehow they decide that there are 4 immediate and call in 2 air ships.
Maybe they're START triage aficionados. If you find yourself a fender bender bus accident with 10 people panicking and hyperventilating >30, you suddenly have a large group of "red tag" patients via those rules. Gotta love it!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Whoa will you look at that mechanism. They must have performed the poke the spine test

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Maybe they're START triage aficionados. If you find yourself a fender bender bus accident with 10 people panicking and hyperventilating >30, you suddenly have a large group of "red tag" patients via those rules. Gotta love it!
That's the thing my partner and I were the ones who did the initial triage. Assessed everyone and labeled everyone either minor or delayed. As we went back to the unit to get more equipment fire decided to change all the tags and call in the airships.