the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Standing over a mortar launcher thinking it can't hurt does not end well
......o_O?? Yeah no...hope your talking about a fireworks mortar?....I've heard all sorts of horror stories of guys dropping 60, 80, and 120mm mortar rounds and instead of dropping their hands away from the tube go to twist away and in the process bring one hand/arm over the tube....not pretty

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Sorry fireworks mortar. One of the larger ones, but still fireworks.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Sounds like you had an eventful weekend.
12 hour OT/call-in shift... started off with a drowning code, then a CP poss AAA, then another drowning code, then the mortar, then an unresponsive (drunk), and then a major MVC. My partner said he never wants to work with me again lol

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
Standing over a mortar launcher thinking it can't hurt does not end well
fireworks.jpg

arny81991

Forum Probie
How often do you guys respond to firework calls in the summer? :eek:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I've never had a lot of them, bit i have a feeling this summer we will get a lot

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
How often do you guys respond to firework calls in the summer? :eek:
Not often. Most of our summer fun calls seems to powersports related. Even with gear it's amazing the severity of injuries that occur.

Had a dude last week who rolled a side by side at slow speed, still resulted in a gnarly open radius fracture. ATVs + fireworks, now we gotta party.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Had a training officer tell a story of an accident he was in for our spinal trauma lessons. C5 teardrop fracture I think it was called....insanely high chance of paralysis and all this other ****ty stuff, and was the lucky small minority and is walking and doing the job when he was told he'd likely not walk again. Really cool lesson for sure.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
oooooh Stand by shift for the Zac Brown band Concert on Sunday, think I'll get paid to attend :D...........and I'm already working on Sunday -_- Hmm....there is the UFC standyby on saturday, maybe I'll call dispatch tomorrow to see if it's still available

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Leaving the house now....for....my first born's High School Graduation!! How the years have flown by!! Yowsers....I am old! LOL

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Called the place I want to apply back home and they want me to keep in touch and let them know once I am back in VA to stop by and when I graduate and am ready to apply. I might actually be bringing my mom and her best friend patients in about a year hahaha.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Leaving the house now....for....my first born's High School Graduation!! How the years have flown by!! Yowsers....I am old! LOL
I'm seeing a few people I graduated high school with kids of their own graduating this year. I'm like, "Slow down. I haven't even popped out my first yet."

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
First day back to work today. I was hoping for a 24, but Mr. @CALEMT stole the partnerless shift :(