the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Uhh I don't think it works. I haven't tried lol
I do it a lot with some meds (or I grab the wrong syringe and don't bother to swap out for a 3 or 5ml when I only am giving a cc of a med

Anjel

Forum Angel
I do it a lot with some meds (or I grab the wrong syringe and don't bother to swap out for a 3 or 5ml when I only am giving a cc of a med

uzuja7uv.jpg

Well I'll be damned.

It doesn't look like it would fit but it does.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Really? Even though ours come with needles, they're press fit needles and we can remove them and use them in our needle free systems. It doesn't turn into the med port like a luer lock, but it still works.
This is the same with us

Anjel

Forum Angel

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
uzuja7uv.jpg

Well I'll be damned.

It doesn't look like it would fit but it does.
Almost all of the 1cc syringes I've ever used are like that. Most of them don't have the Luer Lock, just the Luer slip like that one above has. I think the only syringes that I used that I couldn't remove the needle from were the insulin syringes. The only thing I don't like too much about the Luer slip is that when I'm pushing them into Clave ports, I have to push pretty hard and hope that the spring in the port doesn't push the syringe back out. When dealing with those types of needleless ports, I much prefer the Luer Lock because you just push in and twist...

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
1 cc needles are like unicorns around here...I hear rumors of sightings on occasion, but they're never substantiated by evidence.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
It's actually not at all difficult to read the 1/10th cc markings on a 3cc syringe. Even when I'm doing small peds and am giving plenty of meds in volumes of less than 1 ml, I rarely use a syringe smaller than 3cc.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Really? Even though ours come with needles, they're press fit needles and we can remove them and use them in our needle free systems. It doesn't turn into the med port like a luer lock, but it still works.

Dats what we got as well and usually this works. We have needle ports too.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
To all the AMR Riverside folks here. I will be joining you soon. Got my second interview on October 8th.
I am very sorry to hear that. Would you like to start crying now or later? :p

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Actually I walked down the isle to the imperial march. Heard at least one person say, "she's actually doing it!" I would be surprised if its already on youtube.
Haha! You rock!

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Thank goodness for chocolate, it's 2 a.m,, I am snug as a bug in bed getting awesome pleasure ... from eating chocolate, why? Well firstly because my schedule is so messed up that I do not live human hours and secondly, it's the only kind of pleasure I am going to get because of number one!

Chocolate, you saved the day again!

Never mind CPR classes and automatic defibrillators everywhere, there needs to be a massive investment in chocolate! :D

Rin

Forum Captain
I'm just going to have to become (more) awesome, lure another awesome person to me, and then we can work happily ever after.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I'm just going to have to become (more) awesome, lure another awesome person to me, and then we can work happily ever after.
Chloroform works great for that.... Or so I'm told...

Rin

Forum Captain
Chloroform works great for that.... Or so I'm told...

I was thinking more of dazzling them with a peacock-like display of color, maybe hitting them with some pheromones...it's always best to go natural lol

I'll perform the partnering dance of the wild basic