the 100% directionless thread

Brandon O

Puzzled by facies
I have used that word quite often as well...

I have also discovered that many providers will look at you like the world's biggest maroon if you say a patient looks or is doing "good," but will consider you quite the sophisticate if you call them "well."

Life.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I have also discovered that many providers will look at you like the world's biggest maroon if you say a patient looks or is doing "good," but will consider you quite the sophisticate if you call them "well."

Life.
Indeed.

My assessment note re: Egon Spengler:

Physical exam was largely unremarkable. There was a large abrasion to the right temporal area where he apparently attempted to "drill a hole through [his] head" but was stopped. Otherwise, physically, he appears quite well. During the exam, he did mention "Zuul" and "[d]on't cross the streams" repeatedly...

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader

Brandon O

Puzzled by facies
You know I just had to find some way to use "unremarkable" and "well" in one post... Egon is certain it would have worked.

Hang on, I gotta find some nurses to help me do a synchronized eye-roll.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
You mean this??? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

o_O:cool:

(darned lack of smilies)

Brandon O

Puzzled by facies
You mean this??? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah, then one of these:

giphy.gif

terrible one

Always wandering
Setting an exit date to leave the state of CA feels good, even if it is arbitrary and a few years away.
The only issue is my department pays me much higher (even with cost of living factored in) than departments back east.
Oh well....

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
New offroad lights installed on my truck. Decided to put the LEDs behind the grill. Gotta say it looks pretty bad ***. You can't really see them until I turn them on and they blind you.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
New offroad lights installed on my truck. Decided to put the LEDs behind the grill. Gotta say it looks pretty bad ***. You can't really see them until I turn them on and they blind you.

I'm really tempted to put an LED bar on the bumper or above the windshield....Diesel Power Gear has a set of mounting brackets that bring it down basically even with the roof so it doesn't look like a wannabe LEO light bar...not sure what NHP would say about that many lights that high up though.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I'm really tempted to put an LED bar on the bumper or above the windshield....Diesel Power Gear has a set of mounting brackets that bring it down basically even with the roof so it doesn't look like a wannabe LEO light bar...not sure what NHP would say about that many lights that high up though.
Eventually I want to do that too. However all of the brackets I have seen require you to drill into the roof to mount it. I want to sell my truck and get a 4x4 one before I do that and go with either the baja designs or rigid LED bar which run in the price range of ~$1,500

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Eventually I want to do that too. However all of the brackets I have seen require you to drill into the roof to mount it. I want to sell my truck and get a 4x4 one before I do that and go with either the baja designs or rigid LED bar which run in the price range of ~$1,500

I'm not sure if the DPG brackets fit the 1500 but they mount in the door jam. Might be worth looking at.

The Baja Designs bar is rad, never seen the rigid, I was gonna use DPG's 50" bar. ~750ish and just as bright with similar lifespan ;)

Anjel

Forum Angel
**** being a nurse. Pathophys can kiss my ***.

That is all.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
I had a patient tonight whose name was spelt Klare.

*Shudders violently .... that just ain't right I tell you!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

FutureEMT2014

Forum Probie
Anyone have any suggestions on websites to find contraindications, indications, dose ages and how EMT basic meds are supplied? Would help a lot, thanks.