the 100% directionless thread

DaniGrrl

Forum Lieutenant
Mea culpa. Rather than jinxing your summer away, I'll attempt to send you mine. It's too early in the year for me to have to put up with this heat. I wouldn't mind it if I had a pool or lived at the beach, but heat in the waterless suburbs just makes me crabby.

mct601

RN/NRP
94 degrees? Where do you live?

I'm surprised it hasn't gotten to that point here yet. It's been surprisingly cool for MS thus far.

DaniGrrl

Forum Lieutenant
I live in NC, where it's hot, humid, and mosquito-infested. At least we don't live near Camp Lejeune anymore, at there it's all of the above plus swampy. Fun. Or not.

mct601

RN/NRP
I live in NC, where it's hot, humid, and mosquito-infested. At least we don't live near Camp Lejeune anymore, at there it's all of the above plus swampy. Fun. Or not.

I've heard. My dad said bootcamp was "fun" up there. I'm bracing for the 95-100+ degree temps any week now. It sucks breaking a sweat walking out to the mailbox

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
It's still chilly here in Denver :( Coming from NM, I can't imagine having to wear even a light coat in May... but I'm having to now.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
It's still chilly here in Denver :( Coming from NM, I can't imagine having to wear even a light coat in May... but I'm having to now.

Did you get any of the weird snow on Friday? Out here in Aurora I was looking behind me out the window at some birds and it was just slightly cloudy. Five minutes later my preceptor said "Oh my God, it's snowing," sure enough it was. Snowed for like 5-15 minute periods and then stopped as suddenly as it came about 3 times.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Did you get any of the weird snow on Friday? Out here in Aurora I was looking behind me out the window at some birds and it was just slightly cloudy. Five minutes later my preceptor said "Oh my God, it's snowing," sure enough it was. Snowed for like 5-15 minute periods and then stopped as suddenly as it came about 3 times.

Yep we did. I was home and just watching it. Started and stopped here just like it did for ya'll. Very weird.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Boots polished, uniform out and organized, backpack packed... I think I'm gonna crash early tonight... gotta be up at o'dark:thirty tomorrow morning. Orientation at 0800!
Everyone have a good night!

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I have to be up at 5, to be out the door by 545 to be at work at 645, to work till 2300 (if dispatch lets us off on time) to hopefully be gone from work by 2330, to be home by 0030, to be up the next morning at 0500 again...

Ah the joy of double 16hr days in a row, with 1 hour commutes each way.

Maybe I should get my bag and gear ready too? I don't even know what I want to bring aside from a water bottle and phone charger for my iphone...

Last edited by a moderator:

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
I retired 1.5 hrs ago.

Neener
Neener
Neener.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I have to be up at 5, to be out the door by 545 to be at work at 645, to work till 2300 (if dispatch lets us off on time) to hopefully be gone from work by 2330, to be home by 0030, to be up the next morning at 0500 again...

Ah the joy of double 16hr days in a row, with 1 hour commutes each way.

Maybe I should get my bag and gear ready too? I don't even know what I want to bring aside from a water bottle and phone charger for my iphone...
I have to be there by 0800, and it's an hour or so drive for me too. Woke up a little early though :p

I just usually bring my backpack with a netbook, kindle, chargers, other stuff I might want/need.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Eventually Ill buy a laptop to bring with but thats only wgen I actually have money.

I just have my iphone, ipod, chargers, water, clothes and Im guessing ill bring my medic book too.

I shoild buy a coloring book.... Haha

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Linus, I woke up an hour "late"

and once I've had my Geritol and my INR drawn I'm going to the wheelchair parade and judge Miss Vari Cosities of 2010.

No, wait, that was a bad dream I had when I was twenty-five.

I'm getting my INR done, then going to turn in my badge and keys, then maybe persuade my wife to take a hour off her work and go to lunch with me, then chill until, oh, five, then cook dinner (BBQ I think, fewer dishes) then, oh, lounge around potshotting at people on EMT life for a bit...

What would be the masculine equivalent for Kathy Bate's cry in "Fried Green Tomtoes"? (TAWANDA!!!).

Oh, if you are looking for good deals on laptops try Dell's refurbished section online. Warranted, selections, and sometimes commercial machines with beefed up memories and drives.

neenerneenerneenerneenerB)

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Eventually Ill buy a laptop to bring with but thats only wgen I actually have money.

I just have my iphone, ipod, chargers, water, clothes and Im guessing ill bring my medic book too.

I shoild buy a coloring book.... Haha

Linuss, are you sure you can stay inside the lines whe you color?:p