the 100% directionless thread

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Deftones are the only band worth seeing in that lineup.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Deftones are the only band worth seeing in that lineup.

I saw Deftones, Mudvayne, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit and Metallica in concert back in 03.

Deftones weren't bad. Limp Bizkit is one of my favorite bands and as such I have to go to one of their first concerts in 7 years.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Oh look... more snow. Seriously?

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey! I made the news!

We did a drill with my fire district, the county ambulance, the local power company and the air amb service yesterday. We had two "patients" who had been working on a power pole and had been "electrocuted." We had to package them and pack them out to the amb, then drive them to the LZ to meet up with the bird.

They had local news crews filming it and the got me answering a few questions.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Gah!

We got to pick FTOs today and I got to make a choice between the FTO I had for EMT, or a different medic. The deciding factor was the shifts, and I chose the other medic because his shifts were supposed to be 10am-6pm Mon-Fri... reason was I could sleep in a bit and still drive the hour to work and be fine.

Just got off the phone with him and the shifts have been changed... it's now 7am-11pm on Mon/Tues, and 3-11 on Wed. That means leaving at 545, and getting home at ATLEAST midnight if dispatch is nice, just to be up early again.

Well, we know which shift I'm NOT choosing when I get my own truck...

KempoEMT

Forum Lieutenant
had my interview for a job today. They told me I would hear within a week. We will see what happens.

DaniGrrl

Forum Lieutenant
Randomness ahead: My 2 year old can't say fox properly, it comes out :censored::censored::censored::censored:. My 13 year old thinks this is the funniest thing ever and has been showing her little sister foxes all day long. I'm trying not to admit that I find it amusing too. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Randomness ahead: My 2 year old can't say fox properly, it comes out :censored::censored::censored::censored:. My 13 year old thinks this is the funniest thing ever and has been showing her little sister foxes all day long. I'm trying not to admit that I find it amusing too. :p

That's kickass :p

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey! I made the news!

We did a drill with my fire district, the county ambulance, the local power company and the air amb service yesterday. We had two "patients" who had been working on a power pole and had been "electrocuted." We had to package them and pack them out to the amb, then drive them to the LZ to meet up with the bird.

They had local news crews filming it and the got me answering a few questions.

Ice cream please.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
19773_541636419926_81503320_31886980_6207784_n.jpg

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Ice cream please.

Hey that only works if you live in the same region of the country as I do. Nice try. Besides, isn't it snowing where you live? Go out, get a bucket of snow, dump some heavy cream and whatever else you want in it and eat it. That will have to do.

On second thought, how many scoops do you want? 3? Here:

€CC>

(sprinkes on the top one)

;-) If the rest of you want some, copy and paste. Lol!

DaniGrrl

Forum Lieutenant
I just had a root beer float. It has significantly improved my outlook on the evening. I'm still bored though.

DaniGrrl

Forum Lieutenant
It probably would, I find that sweets can be great medicine. I know that isn't supposed to be admitted, but whatever. I haven't had a cigarette in almost 3 years, a root beer float here and there seems well earned. LOL

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Two days till orientation. Finally! Tomorrow is gonna drag by.

DaniGrrl

Forum Lieutenant
Root beer floats all around as a cure-all for boredom, stress, and days that drag by.

I think I might have to give in and turn on the a/c tonight. It's not getting below 70 overnight and it's going to be 94 tomorrow. Darn summer.