the 100% directionless thread

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Ugh I have to sit at the airport for the next 6 hours and stare at Airforce 1. I HATE standbys.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Taking the promotional written test today. I had no idea what to study... So, I guess we'll just see how it goes. :)

Anjel

Forum Angel
I have not stressed out over any test in medic so far. But this cardiology exam has my stomach turning.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
I have not stressed out over any test in medic so far. But this cardiology exam has my stomach turning.

Cardiology is easy. Left ventricle is usually the answer, and if the ECG doesn't look normal immediately it probably isn't

Taking the promotional written test today. I had no idea what to study... So, I guess we'll just see how it goes. :)

Promotion to?

VFlutter

Flight Nurse

Are you having trouble with EKGs? Here is a great website. I has all the different conditions and rhythms with examples and explanations. It has a great section on Infarct localization. Also you can look at case studies with EKGs and quiz youself. It's all under the EKG library tab.

http://lifeinthefastlane.com/ecg-library/basics/diagnosis/

That is my go to website when I am bored in class. I am kind of a geek

Anjel

Forum Angel
Are you having trouble with EKGs? Here is a great website. I has all the different conditions and rhythms with examples and explanations. It has a great section on Infarct localization. Also you can look at case studies with EKGs and quiz youself. It's all under the EKG library tab.

http://lifeinthefastlane.com/ecg-library/basics/diagnosis/

That is my go to website when I am bored in class. I am kind of a geek

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure I've got down axis and blocks. I'm having a harder time with ST elevation. Which people tell me is supposed to be the easiest lol

I'll check that out though.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
ECG-Anatomy-LITFL.jpg

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Sweet, code 1 transfer an hour before shift change...I'm not destined to get off on time at any point this week.

NomadicMedic

Promotion to?

Our rank steps are Paramedic 1, Paramedic 2 and Paramedic 3.

I tested for P2 today. It's the mid level rank, similar to Corporal. (We wear 2 stripes)

From P2, you can move to FTO or other off shoots.

P3s are sergeants. They can serve as acting supervisors, have more responsibility.

Our supervisors are Captains.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Our rank steps are Paramedic 1, Paramedic 2 and Paramedic 3.

I tested for P2 today. It's the mid level rank, similar to Corporal. (We wear 2 stripes)

From P2, you can move to FTO or other off shoots.

P3s are sergeants. They can serve as acting supervisors, have more responsibility.

Our supervisors are Captains.
Good luck man! Hope you get it!

NomadicMedic

Thanks. Today was just the written test, Thursday morning is the oral interview.

I think I did okay on the test… There were some things I was a little shaky on.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Was it protocol or company policies?

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Was it protocol or company policies?

Knowing his system, probably a little bit of that, but with a lot of actual patient care and treatment + A&P questions.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Here's to waking up from a NyQuil induced nap still in a stooper, while looking at 3 different clocks with 3 different times being confused as hell because you didn't know the power went out.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Here's to waking up from a NyQuil induced nap still in a stooper, while looking at 3 different clocks with 3 different times being confused as hell because you didn't know the power went out.

Just remember, the phone is the accurate one.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
It's almost pointless to even watch the NFL anymore.

Everyone always complains about the referees but it's starting to get pretty bad.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
It's almost pointless to even watch the NFL anymore.

Everyone always complains about the referees but it's starting to get pretty bad.

Yea, these pictures are slightly damning.

SSwain

Forum Captain
Take the fines that were genrated from last night's game....and use that to pay the REAL refs.
What a bunch of total crap. Piss poor calls all season....last night was the epitome.
When you rule it a "catch" by a player catching the body that really caught the ball....then there are some serious issues.

There....that's all I'm gonna say about this, because I know there are some NW area fans who will chime in and get all up in my grill about this.

Anjel

Forum Angel
My brain is full, and my eye is twitching. Time to take this damn test.