roll call hiring 911 full time paramedics

EMTelite

Forum Lieutenant
Hey guys so currently I live in california finishing up my medic will be done by september tryi g to figure out who is hiring full time paramedics in other states. We are looking for a state that is not California and is good for gun laws and horses.

Doesn't matter where in the country it is

Thanks for all your help guys

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Colorado and NM would be good. I believe ABQ ambulance is hiring medics full time

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Vegas.

OP
OP
EMTelite

EMTelite

Forum Lieutenant
Thank you guys for the quick replies

Angel

Paramedic
im jealous of Delawares protocols by the way so that could be the way to go ^_^

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Texas, but for the love of god stay away from Dallas Fire.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Why is that?
We'll just leave it at DFR's EMS doesn't have the greatest reputation. On the bright side, they aren't considered as bad as HFD's EMS :D There are so many very good options in Texas that unless you are dead-set on being a firefighter in Dallas, they shouldn't even be on your list.

Shots fired!

For somebody who doesn't like threads to get off topic or go in a bad direction, you sure seem to instigate. Is this one going to be requested to close next?

Last edited by a moderator:

Angel

Paramedic
We'll just leave it at DFR's EMS doesn't have the greatest reputation. On the bright side, they aren't considered as bad as HFD's EMS :D There are so many very good options in Texas that unless you are dead-set on being a firefighter in Dallas, they shouldn't even be on your list.

Just curious, which places? I know nothing about texas but am considering all my options when applying (in the near future)
not to hijack the thread but REMSA is also on my list, if anyone has more info on them please share

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Just curious, which places? I know nothing about texas but am considering all my options when applying (in the near future)
not to hijack the thread but REMSA is also on my list, if anyone has more info on them please share

Williamson County
Montgomery County
ETMC
Harris County
MedStar
ATCEMS (used to be better, but still not bad)
San Marcos- Hays
Schertz EMS

There are many other smaller ones throughout the state that are good as well, including some private companies (I think Champion is one I've heard decent things about). Those are the bigger ones that stand out, though.

Robb can chime in about REMSA

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
For somebody who doesn't like threads to get off topic or go in a bad direction, you sure seem to instigate. Is this one going to be requested to close next?

If we have a fruitless, on-going, never-ending debate for 6 days I just might.

You never know.

Thanks dad.

FiremanMike

Just a dude
Hey guys so currently I live in california finishing up my medic will be done by september tryi g to figure out who is hiring full time paramedics in other states. We are looking for a state that is not California and is good for gun laws and horses.

Doesn't matter where in the country it is

Thanks for all your help guys

If you're up for fire based EMS, Columbus Ohio Fire Department is taking apps right now.

blachatch

Forum Lieutenant
Fireman mike where did you hear that? The columbus fire website says April 1st is when apps are being accepted.

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
You might try South Carolina out. I know a couple of services in the middle of the state are hiring.