pov emergency light placement

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
i have a pov with a couple blue lights and i sometimes see cops or other vehicles with the light placed in the upper right side of the windshield rather than centered or to the left (which would make more sense to me so the car ur passing can more easily see it). any explination would appreciated. thanx

I'll bite.
Putting a light on the drivers side high interferes with vision both from the light, and flashback.

There are what are known as "zones" for emergency lighting. The roof, the immediate high area in the windsheid, the lower windsheild, the grille, and lower area.

You generally want to cover an upper zone such as the roof or upper windshield, and lower area to catch drivers attention. A simple light mounted high, and grille lights (2) are ample warning power to the front.

Now my disclaimer;
I am a career EMT (waiting on NREMTP so I can start working as Paramedic<_<), vol. FF, and I respond as a part of the Atlantic County EMS Task Force, so there are times that I could use lights to move traffic so I can get quickly, but safely, to my destination.

I also have helped install lights as well.

That being said, I have NO emergency lights in my POV at the moment.

I have my priorities, and lighting up my POV just aint one of them at the moment. :p

OP
OP

2boss4

Forum Probie
hahahahah.
look guys, i knew i was asking a whacker question. lol. i couldnt help myself. it wasnt so much a question of how to use um, as it was a question of why people did it that way. trust me...im satisfied with my one light centered on the dash. i cant say i wasnt expecting some responses like the ones ive been getting. its all good

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
Man, it's a 7 & 7 kind of night here can I still join the party? I'll bring enough to share.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
told you we'd hit two pages....

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
we're only up to two.....

OP
OP

2boss4

Forum Probie
good thing i didnt ask about my light bar, sirens, and push bumper...
kidding guys, just kidding

mikie

Forum Lurker
my general rule of thumb is if i can read a paper through a pint of beer, i wont drink it(unless its free adn the only thing available).

I'm mostly the opposite. I like colors, but dark ones just ain't it

page 3 for me.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
oh yeah, you can pick how many posts per pages.....

my b

JPINFV

Gadfly
The best place for POV lights is in a box marked "Return to sender."

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Great minds think alike.

:blush: Aw gee thanks.. Now when are they going to start selling wine in the little juice size boxes?

sixmaybemore

Forum Crew Member
Okay, I don't particularly like beer, but I'll open up a nice box of wine for me and airwaygoddess..... and instead of chips.. I'm opening up a big Costco bag of pistachios and putting out a bowl for shells.

What kind of wine would that be? Gewertzaminer? Or maybe a Pinot Grigio? Or perhaps a Riesling?

sixmaybemore

Forum Crew Member
:blush: Aw gee thanks.. Now when are they going to start selling wine in the little juice size boxes?

Buy it by the case at Costco, and takes up less space in the frig. Just put what you need on in there. Plus, if you put it in the freezer and forget you put it in there, the bottle won't explode (not that I've done that or anything.....).

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
What kind of wine would that be? Gewertzaminer? Or maybe a Pinot Grigio? Or perhaps a Riesling?

Box wine has to be a chardonnay or perhaps a pink wine, white zin?