Podcasts Topics

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
This thread will be used for members to suggest upcoming podcast topics. The CL's and Podcasting team will pick which topics we think will make for good podcasts and work towards completing them.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief

JPINFV

Gadfly
A Podcast on Podcasting would render all arguments invalid. It is as reckless as dividing by zero.
divide_by_zero_blog_safe_RE_whered_the_hole_come_from-s580x487-91754.jpg

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
How bought a day in the life of an average medic. From start to finish.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Serious and Fun!

How about offering a Headline or two?

Make up some titles of Podcasts that would get you home to hit the computer so you could hear it first, before it became an archive.

We're talking compelling, valuable, challenging topics that show what medics want to or need to be talking about.

...and what would be a compelling subject in EMS that YOU could offer some expertise in?

Stuff like that there!

Remember, the idea is to make this site an even better community-oriented reference source that will attract more great minds like your own!

Last edited by a moderator:

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief

That might be disappointing to those who think we are all "Stat" this and "Shock em" that.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Research papers concerning EMS.

There are MANY of those in the works. As a matter of fact, the first podcast will be a critical review of a research study.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

The very fact that no one seems to know what an average day for a medic is seems like a good reason to educate folks on it. Maybe it could be included as part of a "Myth Busters" podcast that dispels some of the preconceived ideas that folks have about the business. There are a lot of students on here that don't realize what the job will entail.
Also I think at some point a podcast on CISM and Crew resource management might be a good one.
Also perhaps a pod cast on liability as it affects EMS personnel.

DillR

Forum Crew Member
Maybe it could be included as part of a "Myth Busters" podcast that dispels some of the preconceived ideas that folks have about the business.

I like this idea.You should also cover some reoccuring topics on the boards such as medics wearing bulletproof vests, emergency lights on POVs, To intubate/to not intubate, etc., etc.

WTEngel

M.Sc., OMS-I
Premium Member
I wouldn't mind offering some assistance and lending my radio voice to a podcast about pediatrics.

I know many medics do not have a lot of exposure to pedi patients and some practical advice might be appreciated.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Maybe it could be included as part of a "Myth Busters" podcast that dispels some of the preconceived ideas that folks have about the business

It's funny you should say that because the first topic involves a series of episodes dispelling some of the popular myths you were taught in EMT school that were not necessarily backed with evidence or were later proven ineffective, provided as a critical review of the literature as it pertains to the topic at hand.

The series title starts with, "The Myth of: [Topic Here]"

@WTEngel

Send me a PM. One of the reasons that EMTLife.com has chosen to go forward with a podcast is because of the sharp minds and varied opinions that the users here possess. We fully intend to dip into that knowledge base and involve site members in the podcasts. For example, if the topic of a podcast was respiratory compliance and mechanical ventilation, we might get usafmedic or one of our other respiratory therapists to join in or if we were speaking of EMS Education, we could get someone like medic417, Veneficus, Ridryder or one of our other EMS Educators.

We are still in the early pre-production phases.. However, we are working very diligently to get the project up and running, and submitted to iTunes. One of the strengths that we will use in this podcast is the variety of backgrounds that our members come from.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Helicopters, oxygen, lights and sirens, trendelenburg?

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Helicopters, oxygen, lights and sirens, trendelenburg?

Wait? So you mean that every patient who is in a vehicle with x" compartment intrusion doesn't need a chopper? Also, do you mean that Oxygen is a drug? Moreover, are you trying to say that me going 95 mph and running red lights is not going to increase the survivability of my cardiac arrest patient? Also, tendelenburg was taught to me by my EMT instructor, he heard it from his momma's baby daddy's girlfriend's cousin that it works...

Lord, next thing you know they will be telling us that narcan is a drug.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
I think we need one on getting a CA ambulance drivers license :D.

How to get involved in research, non-traditional delivery models, pharmacokenetics and dynamics of common EMS meds and pearls for the new provider would all be good topics.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
I think we need one on getting a CA ambulance drivers license :D.

How to get involved in research, non-traditional delivery models, pharmacokenetics and dynamics of common EMS meds and pearls for the new provider would all be good topics.

How to get involved in research is one of the future topics. I asked Nancy Perry, Editor of EMS World for an interview in the near future on the topic of article submission, and I am going to get in touch with the editor of Prehospital Emergency Care at some point not too far away.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
If you meet a statistician who will work for well, free, in your travels let me know...

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
If you meet a statistician who will work for well, free, in your travels let me know...

I use statistica for my research. Send me a PM.