Medic Students!!!

Sizz

Forum Lieutenant
It was hyped up quite a bit by our instructers as long as you know your meds, rhythms and as well as the proper path to follow it was pretty clear cut. Eitherway it was an overall great experanice but really hyped up.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Oh gotcha, well I guess I shouldn't be too worried about it then. Our instructors have been making it seem like it's some super difficult class. It shouldn't be too bad, I mean we're been going over it for threw past month lol

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Yay! ACLS is now complete :D

kmcSPAZ

Forum Ride Along
Just getting started

I start classes in January. I'm so excited to finally be able to start school but the time is so hard to pass. I want to prepare myself so I'm not thrown to the sharks. I was last in school back in 2004 and is the mommy of two. What can I do with my time now to make it a little easier in January?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
forget having much of a social life at all :p Are you working full time and going to school full time?

I get to start medic school v2.0 in January as well :) Time to get the disco patch

Sizz

Forum Lieutenant
forget having much of a social life at all :p Are you working full time and going to school full time?

I get to start medic school v2.0 in January as well :) Time to get the disco patch

^ What Jt said. With the full time job and being a full time student along with the 2 hour each way jog to classes it puts a little damper on everything. I pretty much home to sleep and that's about it.:)

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
^ What Jt said. With the full time job and being a full time student along with the 2 hour each way jog to classes it puts a little damper on everything. I pretty much home to sleep and that's about it.:)

Agreed, even working part time I find it difficult to have much of a social life at all...unless you count discussing ACLS at Subway during our lunch break as a social life :p

anestheticmedic

Forum Probie
Just took my written and practicals last week and passed both first time. Do yourselves a favor and get the hard work out of the way now. Totally worth it

Sizz

Forum Lieutenant
Just took my written and practicals last week and passed both first time. Do yourselves a favor and get the hard work out of the way now. Totally worth it

And what do you consider the "hard work"?

MidwestFF

Forum Crew Member
Hooray, another week and I will be done with Medic Class till January!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

MidwestFF

Forum Crew Member
Linuss,

You don't have to rub it in :p I'm just looking forward to a break so I can spend more time with my family through the holidays. They tell me I'm a bit obsessive compulsive due to the fact that anything less than a perfect 4.0 gpa would be the end of the world to me; and as such I spend "too much time studying" at least according to my kiddos. Give it a week or so and Ill be waiting and ready to go back to classes. I'm looking forward to starting clinicals in June, but I won't be able to test registry until spring 2012.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Linuss,

You don't have to rub it in :p I'm just looking forward to a break so I can spend more time with my family through the holidays. They tell me I'm a bit obsessive compulsive due to the fact that anything less than a perfect 4.0 gpa would be the end of the world to me; and as such I spend "too much time studying" at least according to my kiddos. Give it a week or so and Ill be waiting and ready to go back to classes. I'm looking forward to starting clinicals in June, but I won't be able to test registry until spring 2012.

You and me both :p

As of Monday I'll be done with medic class until January as well, but I'll be taking up my winter break with OR shifts :p

Sizz

Forum Lieutenant
Hooray, another week and I will be done with Medic Class till January!

A few more weeks of class then a break in January although all the time off will be substituted for clinical time so no break ick...it's like the pre-burn out test before becoming a medic :wacko:

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Ugh, I am having the worst time getting successful IV's in my clinicals. I only had 1 successful stick yesterday out of 5; out of the 4 unsuccessful sticks, one of them I blew the vein, two I missed, and the other I hit a valve. How upsetting :(

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
Ugh, I am having the worst time getting successful IV's in my clinicals. I only had 1 successful stick yesterday out of 5; out of the 4 unsuccessful sticks, one of them I blew the vein, two I missed, and the other I hit a valve. How upsetting :(

I started off bad with my IV's druing clinicals too. Ask the nurses for advice and go and watch them start some and watch their technique. Try not to get frustrated!!!

Sizz

Forum Lieutenant
2 weeks left in the semester along with ACLS and PHTLS completed. Honestly I can say I had more fun with ACLS vs the Trauma. Short vacation and then onto the last semester of the National Paramedic course.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Well, this has been a busy weekend of clinicals...and I got my first intubation outside of the OR :D