Illinois EMT question.

claty111

Forum Probie
Well, I cant seem to find the place to get an answer, so I thought I would bring it to the board. I just moved to Rock Island IL within the past week, as I am going to college here. I came from Cortez, CO. I want to practice as an EMT here in Illinois, just like I did in Colorado. I need help figuring out if it's a matter of re-sending in an application or if I am going to have to re-test as well. The application was making it sound like I had to sign up to test but I was not entirely sure. I hold a valid NREMT B certification as well as a valid Colorado certification. In Colorado, once you get your National Registry all you have to do is apply and you get your state. However, I cant find an answer for Rock Island, IL. Thanks again for the help.
Clay

OP
OP
C

claty111

Forum Probie
Thank you very much!! That is exactly what I needed Thanks a bunch

laura_s

Forum Probie
im from the chicago area, my class instructor said that once you get the national he will then convert it to a illinois so i assume that the address above is how he also does it. Good luck to you...

VentMedic

Forum Chief
im from the chicago area, my class instructor said that once you get the national he will then convert it to a illinois so i assume that the address above is how he also does it. Good luck to you...

Certification and licensure are your responsibility. He might direct you to the resources but the rest is up to you.

OP
OP
C

claty111

Forum Probie
Thanks guys for all the help. I am really trying to get all this up and running, because my eventual plan is to start a campus wide emergency medical response team composed of students, and as I have been an EMT before, its going to be a little different starting a group involving emergency care, but I am very excited about it all. I just need to get my Colorado license over to Illinois, or I guess I would just have two different licenses, and all will be great. Thanks again.

Archymomma

Forum Crew Member
no relevance to your question....but I used to live in (and around) Cortez for years. That is where I took my original EMT-B course!

OP
OP
C

claty111

Forum Probie
Really? It is an amazing place to grow up, especially if you are into all the outdoor stuff like me. I love it there, but had to get away for a while.

OP
OP
C

claty111

Forum Probie
For the life of me i cant find an up to date version of the EMT Basic Protocols for Region Two, Rock Island Illinois. Can anyone help me?

Last edited by a moderator:

flhtci01

Forum Captain
OP
OP
C

claty111

Forum Probie
Thanks alot, I think that I exactly what I need. I mailed off my paperwork three days ago so thats already in the "process", and yes, I have been skiing since I was about seven I think. We lived about an hour and a half from Telluride, and during ski season my buddies and I would drive up almost every weekend and ski all weekend long. It was awesome!!! Thats one thing i am starting to miss already, but I suppose we will all go up again at Christmas time.