Hurricane Sandy

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'm more nervous about the airport and flying then everything else. Never been in an airport or on a plane before.

You'll do fine dude. I've flown more this year than ever before.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I'm more nervous about the airport and flying then everything else. Never been in an airport or on a plane before.

:O ever? You'll be fine. Just remember if you get lost there are enormous signs overhead saying where everything is just look up.

When you get on the plane if you don't have an assigned seat go to the back so you'll have more time to get settled without a bunch of people trying to push you out of the way.

chillybreeze

Forum Lieutenant
Do you know where yall are going to be deployed to yet?

JPINFV

Gadfly
One of the other students on my team is Sandi. I'll make sure to ask her why she's beating up the East Coast tomorrow.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Do you know where yall are going to be deployed to yet?

Not yet. Most of our supervisors are on there way out there right now. Not sure where they are going (but where ever they are is where I will be going).

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief

The first thing that comes to mind is I had better be flying business/first class

I'm 6 4"

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
The first thing that comes to mind is I had better be flying business/first class

I'm 6 4"

I'm 5' 6" so I could probably fly in the cargo area and be just fine haha.

zmedic

Forum Captain
I'm working overnight in the ER monday, so planning on being stuck at work for up to 2 days.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm working overnight in the ER monday, so planning on being stuck at work for up to 2 days.

If its bad Tuesday morning they are out of luck if they expect me to be in for work.

JDub

Forum Lieutenant
I need to find out if my company has our strike team on standby. I'd love to deploy. With that being said, I hope the storm is not too bad.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
As a veteran of one DRT deployment, and having declined several others, I'm apparently sitting this one out. I guess my operation hasn't been tapped for much because the storm will be in my backyard.

I'm helping get the College squad prepped, and then I'm SUPPOSED to fly to New Orleans for EMS Expo.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
For all those who live in the path or a responding to the area, stay safe.

Martyn

Forum Asst. Chief
One of the other students on my team is Sandi. I'll make sure to ask her why she's beating up the East Coast tomorrow.
Well, Beryl is my ex mother-in-law, Chris is my eldest son and Debbie is my present wife (all named storms from this season)...I feel like my family is ganging up on me this year!!!

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
When this is over, and especially if you are called up and then stood down without "getting dirty", remember there is always a psychological backlash and letdown. Do not let it help you make any hasty decisions about qutting or such. EVERY danged time, after an event, I've seen pefectly good, trained, and now experienced people pull the pin within weeks afterwards.

"Those serve, also, who only stand and wait" is very true. Pace yourself, support your brothers and sisters.
:usa:

OP
OP
NomadicMedic

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
The latest track is not looking good for my area. Several local roads are already closed due to flooding. And we're still 36 hours out from landfall.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
The latest track is not looking good for my area. Several local roads are already closed due to flooding. And we're still 36 hours out from landfall.

Better you than me!

Please state your locations when posting, thanks!

Maryalice
Greene, NY
Maryalice - Just FYI, not everyone is willing to put their info out there.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Looks like we will be deploying. Should be getting a phone call anytime. After the phone call I have 90 minutes to go to our main division which is 60 miles away. But I'm still on our divisions busiest unit...

Then ill probably be going to somewhere in Alabama to pick up ambulances and other stuff then drive to somewhere.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
To all those deploying to my neck of the woods... If you need anything, send me a PM.