Glock First Responders Discount

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
WOW!

I personally like the Springfield Armory XD's... the XD9, fullsize, is only a hair bigger than the Glock 19.

I'll have to keep this in mind... I may want a subcompact down the road.

I personally like the grip safety in the XD, as an added safety feature.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nycxice13

Forum Lieutenant
WOW!

I personally like the Springfield Armory XD's... the XD9, fullsize, is only a hair bigger than the Glock 19.

The XD's are very nice, take a look at the H&K USP Compact too.

Silverado94

Forum Probie
:huh: I never knew how many gun enthusiast there was on this website!! Now let me set you straight Smith & Wesson is the way to go. I emailed them and asked them why they don't have this special deal for First Responders and I got a email back saying they forwarded it to the marketing. Now if they dont come through I guess my next purchase will be a block oops sorry i meant Glock :p

chico.medic

Forum Crew Member
WOW!

The XD is a fancy Glock knock off. I have a SIG Pro SP2022 .40 S&W. Love it!
mygun.jpg
B)

The only safety you need is your index finger. Keep it off of the trigger until you plan on killing your target.

Silverado94

Forum Probie
The XD's are nice but they are to top heavy for my taste. I would love to get my hands on a Sig P220 but (sigh) Wedding coming up can't afford it. (Don't worry she's worth it lol) I personally don't care what brand or what kind of gun it is if it goes Bang! everytime its a good gun in my book.

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
handguns cause more trouble than they're worth here

~S~

Nycxice13

Forum Lieutenant
handguns cause more trouble than they're worth here

~S~

HA, try getting a permit in NYC then talk to me about trouble. Cost around 400 buck, PLUS the time you have to take off of work to go down to one police plaza, PLUS buying the pistol (which you have to do in thirty days, or your purchase order goes to crap and god help you if you need another purchase order.).

chico.medic

Forum Crew Member
..Arm everyone. Do you think a guy would walk into a convenient store or a bank w/ the intention of robbing it if he knew EVERYONE inside was armed? ;)

OP
OP
J

jparent

Forum Probie
..Arm everyone. Do you think a guy would walk into a convenient store or a bank w/ the intention of robbing it if he knew EVERYONE inside was armed? ;)

well hes guaranteed to do it at least once.. after that, who knows :)
the reason they rob convenience stores is because they know its an easy score, when they could make ten fold the amount of money if they robbed a firearm store.. but you know, the guys in the gun store... have guns

About two blocks away from me is a huge indoor gun/archery/hunting store thats on two floors, there are at any given time 5-6 employees carrying

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Too bad all the fun stuff is illegal in California. :( The SIG P229 is now illegal to buy in California. It's not "certified" by the idiots at the CA DOJ.

http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/forms/pdf/removed.pdf <-- the list of handguns that they've *removed* from our 'allowed list.'

We also cannot have magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. Imagine my utter joy when I saw the guy at the Glock LEO dealer open the case to reveal 3 17 round magazines. I was thrilled!

Then he said "D'oh, we have to swap these out for 10 round mags."
I wanted to cry. :(

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Yeah.... I like how the XD's boxes all say "Not Legal in CA"

anyway... what is wrong with the firearms on that list? They all seem like good guns!

firecoins

IFT Puppet
It California. Go figure.

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
oh yeah, i almost forgot to apply the proverbial gun thread testosterone

My guns bigger than yers!

~S~

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
oh yeah, i almost forgot to apply the proverbial gun thread testosterone

My guns bigger than yers!

~S~
Nice, Stevo.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Yeah.... I like how the XD's boxes all say "Not Legal in CA"

anyway... what is wrong with the firearms on that list? They all seem like good guns!

Firecoins has it. It's California. :| Our DOJ has their "approved" list. Many manufacturers don't send in stuff for certification because of our stupid firearm laws.

We can get the XDs here..there's a CA legal version. but they fly off the shelves.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Firecoins has it. It's California. :| Our DOJ has their "approved" list. Many manufacturers don't send in stuff for certification because of our stupid firearm laws.

We can get the XDs here..there's a CA legal version. but they fly off the shelves.
You can... but you can't buy the 16-round mags...

I guess that is a clear reason to buy 40's and 45's... if you can't carry all that ammo anyway, might as well have better stopping power.

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Handgun caliber = better stopping power is a myth. But I'm not sure that this is the place for this kind of conversation. And Stevo, I'm not sure why guns = testosterone, perhaps you could illuminate this, when the majority of hunters that I see are fat, lazy, domesticated apes oh, I get it, it's kinda like nachos/nfl/beer = test.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.