FEELING NERVOUS

WHY DO I FEEL NERVOUS, AFRAID AND LAZY TO GO ON RUNS. WHY IS THIS SO.

• AM I NOT RIGHT FOR THIS JOB

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • IS IT TIME TO LOOK FOR A DIFFERENT CAREER

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426087944.509077.jpg

planetmike

Forum Lieutenant
How about some more info about your situation? For example: Are you at a busy station, or one that gets two calls per week? How long have you been out of EMT-B classes? Are only certain types of calls causing you problems? Or any call? How many people are on your apparatus? Are the others experienced, or new as well? Why did you get into EMS in the first place? Are you also involved in Fire? How old are you? Is this a hobby or a job right now? Been to college?

OP
OP
Rescuelou123

Rescuelou123

Forum Crew Member
Not really busy, average i think. I been out of EMT-B classes 2013. Some medical calls like seizures and sometimes stroke. I'm usually the tech on calls if their is no need for ALS. I went into EMS because i always wanted to be a doctor or to help people stay alive. I'm 46 years old and i choose this career, volley as well.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
So what is it you're nervous about?...

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
How long have you been working for?

jlw

Dirty cot jockey
Everybody is nervous at first. But if you're two years in I'd generally expect some level of comfort to of been obtained by this point, especially on a BLS level. Are you nervous on EVERY call?

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
Your nervous on EVERY CALL, sometimes?

I think if you provided more clarification you would get more helpful answers.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
Maybe you're less motivated at your volunteer job because you are not financially compensated in the way you are at your paid job.

That's the only real difference I can think of.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
It's going to be hard to give you an answer without having more information. You've been doing this for two years as a volunteer but how many days a week are you doing it? What is your average call volume that you run? Does it show on scene with other providers or patients that you are nervous?

Status
Not open for further replies.