FDNY EMS Candidates

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
No lol thats July 4th
I thought the calls started on Monday?

Two Rumors going on.
1) calls were supposed to go out the 27th of June.
2) calls are supposed to start July 5th.

Start planning everything out. Seeing that I'm expecting a baby girl soon (within a few weeks to two months) I'll be trying to figure out how to hold my Sales Supervisor position at my current employer and the Academy. If anyone is around the white plains ny area and wouldn't mind me carpooling with them to the PM that would be great. Please PM me if possible.

Twonson

Forum Probie
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows what specific types of workouts can be expected during the pt. I currently have a sprained ankle and I'm worried that I might not be ready for the pt at the end of the month. Recovery is going fast for me but I'm still a bit freaked out.

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows what specific types of workouts can be expected during the pt. I currently have a sprained ankle and I'm worried that I might not be ready for the pt at the end of the month. Recovery is going fast for me but I'm still a bit freaked out.

Off hand I know a lot of running.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Hi all, I went May 6th for my intake and haven't gotten any further. I spoke with my investigator and she doesn't see anything either. I'm on exam #6003, list #51x. I've seen a few from 6003 that have done everything. I'm trying to figure out why I haven't gotten my medical or psych yet.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Hey guys,

In the beginning of the academy, pt consisted of planks, push ups (started doing those the first day of the academy), and running. Towards the middle, you use weights that you purchase and you do "V" Ups. Along with sit ups, crunches, bicycle ab workout, and more planks and push ups. Focus on your cardio (even thought it wasnt bad at all) and your planks and push ups.

Fernando

Forum Crew Member
What is your list Number ?? Congrats
you took the PM class I see congrats. But again what is your list number on test 5003
Its 94# I'm not putting in the last number because everyone else wasnt putting it in for idk what reason lol idk if it means something with privacy to put ur list number out there

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
For those who are getting the call now:
1. enjoy your time in the academy. It really does go by quick.

2. Those who didnt really practice EMT from the time you received your cert until the academy, dont worry too much. Once you get into the academy you'll relearn everything and you do quizzes daily and it does help. Believe me.

3. Respect ALL the instructors. They really don't tolerate anyone who disrespects the IC's and DI's.

4. Follow. Simple. Instructions. It seems to me that no one knows how to follow directions. When you're instructed to "double time" (run) on base, do so. Don't be that guy that gets everyone else in trouble.

5. Treat the locker room like its your home. We've gotten in trouble in this class for people having shaving cream fight.

6. Before you know it, you'll be graduating. Enjoy your moments in the classroom and out. You will encounter people you like and dislike. If you dislike someone, just suck it up for the length of the academy and you probably wont seem them after graduation.

7. HAVE FUN! GREAT EXPERIENCE!

Cant wait to be working with some of you after you graduate.

Best of luck to ALL who are about to enter.
OORAH.

ANY QUESTIONS, JUST PM ME.

orj91

Forum Probie
sucks that they started calling on a Friday of a holiday weekend... gonna have to wait til Tuesday now

USMCTom

Forum Probie
Hi all, I went May 6th for my intake and haven't gotten any further. I spoke with my investigator and she doesn't see anything either. I'm on exam #6003, list #51x. I've seen a few from 6003 that have done everything. I'm trying to figure out why I haven't gotten my medical or psych yet.

I'm a similar list number to you and haven't got anything further; investigator told me at intake to look out for medical letter by early July, so I wouldn't panic, I imagine they're focusing on filling the next class.